Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:25 AM

Re: Liberals win By Election

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
The lockdown is no longer seen as a saver of humanity, as I see it!
No longer seen as a saver of humanity by whom, TED?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Tories have analysed the results.

Lockdown was not the issue.
I'm sure that everyone they analysed was open and outspoken about their reasons.

The HS Train & the building of tunnels & houses seems to have been big in that analysis - a sort of "why should we put up with this to improve them up North?"

Being locked down does, though, give people lots of time to think things over, and over and over..........
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:30 AM

The HS Train & the building of tunnels & houses seems to have been big in that analysis - a sort of "why should we put up with this to improve them up North?"
We don't want the bloody thing up north. How will it improve anything for us?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
No longer seen as a saver of humanity by whom, TED?
The Business man is, increasingly, pushing Boris to end Lockdown. They argue that if business doesn't survive, what have you got left?

Lockdown is not being followed by quite a lot of the people out there.

The media seems not to visit those places where it doesn't exist at all.

Sport seems to allow 2000, or so, to congregate at big events.

Then there is my own personal survey (using statistics of my own choice) where I asked 5 people.....!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:39 AM

Hi

I do not want it, it will absolutely no effect on my life style.

Spending a fraction of the money on improving services up here would be much better.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

19-06-2021, 10:45 AM

The Business man is, increasingly, pushing Boris to end Lockdown. They argue that if business doesn't survive, what have you got left?

Lockdown is not being followed by quite a lot of the people out there.

The media seems not to visit those places where it doesn't exist at all.

Sport seems to allow 2000, or so, to congregate at big events.

Then there is my own personal survey (using statistics of my own choice) where I asked 5 people.....!
Nobody wanted the lockdown in the first place, it was just a necessary evil. Like any other undesirable situation, the longer it goes on, the more fed up people will get.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:51 AM

Nobody wanted the lockdown in the first place, it was just a necessary evil. Like any other undesirable situation, the longer it goes on, the more fed up people will get.
Hi

We have had lockdown for far longer thsn others, we have had more deaths than others.

Boris is responsible for this.

As PM the decisions are his.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

19-06-2021, 10:51 AM

Well, in the paper, this morning, there was a suggestion that freight would be moving faster, around the Country, and speeding up the supplies of all sorts.

"Many of the green belt constituencies that face disruption from HS2 also contain local authorities where support for the Conservatives fell dramatically last month.

Tories fear that as Mr Johnson focuses on his agenda to “level up” the North of England, traditional Tory seats in the South will feel left behind by the Conservatives.

Bob Seely, the Conservative MP for the Isle of Wight, said the Government’s “standard method” for allocating land for new build housing was “failing to share wealth around”.
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

19-06-2021, 10:57 AM

I feel the Lib/Dem lady may have to work hard to keep her seat come the next election. Her constituency has made its point.

I wish her well because she is a mere pawn in the game..
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Oldbod ->
I feel the Lib/Dem lady may have to work hard to keep her seat come the next election. Her constituency has made its point.

I wish her well because she is a mere pawn in the game..
Ditto. She and her local association will have to keep the junk mail rate up (if not boost it further) if she is to maintain anything like the majority she currently enjoys.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top