Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 09:51 PM

Re: Looking back at the camera

Just a quick update
I submitted that photo of teazle looking down a Pringles tube and just got an email saying they like the photo and sending me a voucher to spend on any of their goods.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:44 AM

I sometimes show photos on a site where they have contests. A photo has to be very good to win because there are many hundreds (sometimes thousands) of entries and it would be impossible to look at all of them and vote. Some people show photos I could never match in quality and content but I like to have a go. I think I've done OK if I get within the top 50 percent of the votes in any category.

One thing I have noticed is that others interested in photography per se like to see different ideas, such as the one used with your dog. It just adds a bit more dimensions to taking photos I suppose. Sometimes good to diversify from straight photography and try out various ideas. Well done for getting a voucher for yours.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 10:48 AM

i did win once before with a Mugler Vagas competition but that was years ago. This was just a random send in no competition but they seemed to like the idea
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
sending me a voucher to spend on any of their goods.
A voucher now, RS? Oh what dizzy heights you occupy these days.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 11:47 AM

The only fee I ever got was £10.00 from a photo magazine. They published a restored WW1 photo that I'd done. That was years ago.

I've had a couple of photos shown on ITV's weather forecast but no prizes for those.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 11:44 PM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top