Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 10:02 PM

Re: This should prove interesting …

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Because if covid immunisation is required as a job requirement to work in certain places and some people already employed refuse to comply with the requirements of the job then they become neither use or ornament.
But surely then they become wood that won't do as it's told, or spare wood, rather than dead wood.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Again I don't agree, and there are several reasons why I feel like this.

1) For a start, some elderly and/or sick folks have no family to "step up and take responsibility" for them. So then what?

2) Many of these care residents have special and complicated needs, so family with no medical knowledge might mean well, but could do more harm than good.
They could need special adapments, specific equipment, bath hoists, bed hoists, an understanding of drugs to administer, and nursing skills.

3) Who pays the mortgage if family have to give up work to take on long term care for someone?

4) Some families might be unable to accomodate an elderly relative either. Not everyone has spare rooms or a Granny annexe y'know!

Now l know why me grandad kept the lease in his name till he
died ??
And l remember any special care he might need was taken care of
by a district nurse !!
As we did'nt have a bathroom we had no need of hoists etc either !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 10:41 PM

Everyone who can should have the Covid 19 vaccine, because how else are we going to get rid of this awful virus if certain people refuse to have it. I think these people are just being selfish to the rest of humanity.
Maybe some people can't have it for medical reasons, but everyone else should.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:37 AM

Todger, I am not sure I agree with you here.

This could be many residents of homes we are talking about, not just one or two.

How would you feel if it was your family you loved in such a place, and they were perhaps moved miles and miles away because their home had to shut through employers forcing these new rules.

I know if it had been my parents who were sent somewhere I couldn't visit easily, I would be very angry.
Then either you look after them or put up with it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:45 AM

Again I don't agree, and there are several reasons why I feel like this.

1) For a start, some elderly and/or sick folks have no family to "step up and take responsibility" for them. So then what?

2) Many of these care residents have special and complicated needs, so family with no medical knowledge might mean well, but could do more harm than good.
They could need special adapments, specific equipment, bath hoists, bed hoists, an understanding of drugs to administer, and nursing skills.

3) Who pays the mortgage if family have to give up work to take on long term care for someone?

4) Some families might be unable to accomodate an elderly relative either. Not everyone has spare rooms or a Granny annexe y'know!
There has already been terrible damage and costs at all levels because of this dreadful Chinese export. The list is growing day by day. A great many people (everybody?) is suffering, the care sector is no exception. Unfortunately some people are going to most dreadfully affected. It has to be this way. There is no way out.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:58 AM

Personally I'd like to see it compulsory across the country AND a vaccination passport and ideally as a run in to national ID cards.

I agree,

But too many seem not to want to be identified.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

19-06-2021, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I agree,

But too many seem not to want to be identified.

And that is PRECISELY why they are now essential.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:23 AM

I well remember having to have a vaccination certificate regarding yellow fever to enter some countries. As it is back when having moved to project management and schlepping around the world having to have a whole load of stuff shoved into me - it was part of the job. You want the pay and rations - then march to the drum.
Yes, I remember having lots stuff injected in me just for a holiday in Deltaland (formerly knowns as India) and it wasn't cheap either.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:40 AM

And that is PRECISELY why they are now essential.
Agree. Am all for biometric stuff as well as facial recognition tech too.

Gotta make it as hard as possible for the unwelcome elements to go about their business.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top