Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 07:26 PM

Re: Finally!! Something to show!

well done Pixie, it's nice to see the plants grow, a lot of the flower seeds I started off in the spare room, they grew well to begin with ,then died a death
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 07:32 PM

You’ve got a great start to your garden Pixie. Isn’t it nice growing your own food? I like seeing people enjoying their gardens as well as the fruits of their labour.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
well done Pixie, it's nice to see the plants grow, a lot of the flower seeds I started off in the spare room, they grew well to begin with ,then died a death
Aww Paula, I'm sorry to hear that! Isn't it always the way though? I tried growing pansies from seed, inside, and they sprouted & died. My sunflower didn't last either...I had the audacity to put a stick in for support and it threw a fatal hissy fit. We can but try again
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
You’ve got a great start to your garden Pixie. Isn’t it nice growing your own food? I like seeing people enjoying their gardens as well as the fruits of their labour.
Thanks Bratti! This is my first season of growing edibles, so its very exciting. I'm making some mistakes now but its all good learning, so come next year I will be more confident and have lots of things to eat!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 02:10 PM

It’s so exciting watching it grow, isn’t it Pixie....were they all planted from seed?

Isn’t it amazing to watch a seed grow?......I am going to buy some seeds,see what happens.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 02:23 PM

I watch my seeds grow and I watch them get scoffed too by the slugs !
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 03:13 PM

I watch my neighbor plant veggies, water them everyday, and his small flower gardens are also thriving! I get the benefit of watching things grow, without lifting a finger! He even brings me cuttings from the flowers when they are in full bloom.
Tomatoes last year amounted to nothing, so we are hopeful this time they do well.

Stay with it, Pixie! You seem to have a wonderful start.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
- snip -

On a bonus tangent note, I discovered that courgette flowers can be eaten in risotto, or on a pizza with anchovies and cheese. Did not know that
Of course they can. You can even dip them in a tempura batter and deep fry them. The Italians love them as a cold starter.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

23-06-2021, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It’s so exciting watching it grow, isn’t it Pixie....were they all planted from seed?

Isn’t it amazing to watch a seed grow?......I am going to buy some seeds,see what happens.
Yes Pauline, they were all seeds. Give it a go, it can be quite addictive once things start sprouting!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

23-06-2021, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I watch my seeds grow and I watch them get scoffed too by the slugs !
Aww Muddy Well mine are on raised beds and I put vaseline round the edges, so fingers crossed nothing happens to them. You could try copper wire too, apparently that works.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top