Join for free
Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 12:55 PM

Re: e-Scooters

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I think one of the problems is that these are often young children, well below the age required to drive or use a motorcycle, yet they are free to scoot about at relatively high speed endangering not only themselves but others including pedestrians.
Needless to say, the government and other authorities seem uninterested in the possible consequences.

As I intimated, it seems that the young people in other countries exhibit rather more responsibility than some of ours do. Why?
I dont know about that some old Geezers on mobility scooters are more of a danger whizzing about on their souped up Batman style machines.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
More often than not they don't say that, instead to them it's their job to uphold the law and arrest those they suspect of breaking the law. It's then up to the courts to do their job and mete out the appropriate punishment to the wrongdoers. It must be very destructive to police morale though, to see criminals continually 'getting away with it', but then they can be arrested time and time again, until those in the courts do actually see them for what they are and punish them adequately.
Absolutely.

I sometimes watch Fraud Squad and Named and Shamed on BBC.

Thousands and thousands of pounds spent paying people to investigate, court costs etc etc (often way more than the actual amount of money defrauded), and the crook then gets a 2 months supended sentence. What's the blooming point??
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I dont know about that some old Geezers on mobility scooters are more of a danger whizzing about on their souped up Batman style machines.
Especially in supermarkets!!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Oi! That could be you one day.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by dextrous63 ->
absolutely.

I sometimes watch fraud squad and named and shamed on bbc.

Thousands and thousands of pounds spent paying people to investigate, court costs etc etc (often way more than the actual amount of money defrauded), and the crook then gets a 2 months supended sentence. What's the blooming point??
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Absolutely.

I sometimes watch Fraud Squad and Named and Shamed on BBC.

What I like to see though Dextrous, is where the fraudsters / criminals are caught and all they own is seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act. They then lose all they have bought with their ill-gotten gains and those items, whatever they are, can then be sold at public auctions and the money raised is paid back to those who were defrauded. Worse still, for the criminals that is, if they have property that is also seized and sold and if in the event they don't agree to this or there is something legally preventing seizure, the criminal gets more years added to their sentence. I reckon that's the most sensible and equitable piece of law ever written!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-06-2021, 05:40 PM

What I like to see though Dextrous, is where the fraudsters / criminals are caught and all they own is seized under the Proceeds of Crime Act. They then lose all they have bought with their ill-gotten gains and those items, whatever they are, can then be sold at public auctions and the money raised is paid back to those who were defrauded. Worse still, for the criminals that is, if they have property that is also seized and sold and if in the event they don't agree to this or there is something legally preventing seizure, the criminal gets more years added to their sentence. I reckon that's the most sensible and equitable piece of law ever written!
I agree that it's a good example of retribution, but is it done routinely for all crime?
I believe it should be.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

24-06-2021, 05:41 PM

I'd like it to go further than that Baz. Not sure this is the right thread to bring it up again though.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree that it's a good example of retribution, but is it done routinely for all crime?
I believe it should be.
No idea JBR, will have to check this out.

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I'd like it to go further than that Baz. Not sure this is the right thread to bring it up again though.
Yes, I agree with you and also that this is not the subject of the OP. Perhaps another thread entirely at some time would be better.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2021, 08:42 PM

It could all be relevant to the thread if the criminals and fraudsters travelled by e-scooter.

Page 6 of 16 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top