Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 07:15 PM

Re: First ever photo of a Black Hole!

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good catch, Realist. I mistakenly referred to the M87 black hole as a photo (suggesting that it was taken in a visible wavelength), not an image. You are correct, it is most definitely and amalgam of radio signals collected by many radio telescopes. It's an image.
When you say "an image" what that really means is that at some point a HUMAN has taken radio wave data and used his/her own interpretation of that to translate it into a visual picture.

It is therefore just a piece of art is it not? Technically the structure of the image dutifully conveys the reality of the radio sources but in terms of artistry, colours etc those are surely made up by the artist.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Jeez.

I give up.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 11:27 AM

So I'm thinking 'This is marvellous!' was it NASA or perhaps the European Space Agency who allowed us a galactic out of this world peek at space?......No! it was NDTV........from New Delhi....Sorry, Who?

NDTV
Media company
Image result for ndtv
ndtv.com
DescriptionNew Delhi Television Limited is an Indian television media company founded in 1988 by Radhika Roy, a journalist. In a talk on the 25th anniversary of NDTV, her husband Prannoy Roy said that he joined NDTV a few weeks after Radhika had founded it. Wikipedia
CEO: Suparna Singh (4 Dec 2017–)
Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Number of employees: 1,491 (2016)
Founders: Prannoy Roy, Radhika Roy
Subsidiaries: NDTV Lifestyle Limited, NDTV Worldwide Limited,
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 12:27 PM

Will not affect my life one jot.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So I'm thinking 'This is marvellous!' was it NASA or perhaps the European Space Agency who allowed us a galactic out of this world peek at space?......No! it was NDTV........from New Delhi....Sorry, Who?

NDTV
Media company
Image result for ndtv
ndtv.com
DescriptionNew Delhi Television Limited is an Indian television media company founded in 1988 by Radhika Roy, a journalist. In a talk on the 25th anniversary of NDTV, her husband Prannoy Roy said that he joined NDTV a few weeks after Radhika had founded it. Wikipedia
CEO: Suparna Singh (4 Dec 2017–)
Headquarters: New Delhi, India
Number of employees: 1,491 (2016)
Founders: Prannoy Roy, Radhika Roy
Subsidiaries: NDTV Lifestyle Limited, NDTV Worldwide Limited,
They nicked it and have since apologised for taking ownership, they steal anything that isn’t nailed down
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2019, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
They nicked it and have since apologised for taking ownership, they steal anything that isn’t nailed down
So is this whole (forgive the pun ). Black hole thing just
fake news then?

Regards Donkeyman!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So is this whole (forgive the pun ). Black hole thing just
fake news then?

Regards Donkeyman!
Well actually Donkeyman it's a hole, and holes tend to be very illusive, it's only because of the effect it has on the things around it that we think there's something there. It's just like a packet of 'Polo's' you only know the hole is there because it's surrounded by mint, take away the mint and you would never know if the packet was still full of the holes.....

Take for example the story about 'The King's New clothes' that's the same as the story about 'man made global warming' we only know it's happening because we get 'Weather' now....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 12:19 PM

Well actually Donkeyman it's a hole, and holes tend to be very illusive, it's only because of the effect it has on the things around it that we think there's something there. It's just like a packet of 'Polo's' you only know the hole is there because it's surrounded by mint, take away the mint and you would never know if the packet was still full of the holes.....

Take for example the story about 'The King's New clothes' that's the same as the story about 'man made global warming' we only know it's happening because we get 'Weather' now....
Is that why my pockets are allways empty!
Because they are full of holes? OGF!
I allways thought black holes were super dense gravity fields,
Which pull in any unwary objects that approach too closely,
Thus becoming ever more dense, ad infinitum!
I got a grip of your anologies much better though, thank you!

Best Regards Donkeyman!

PS l do find this subject very interesting though!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Is that why my pockets are allways empty!
Because they are full of holes? OGF!
I allways thought black holes were super dense gravity fields,
Which pull in any unwary objects that approach too closely,
Thus becoming ever more dense, ad infinitum!
I got a grip of your anologies much better though, thank you!

Best Regards Donkeyman!

PS l do find this subject very interesting though!
You two are so funny!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

03-05-2019, 03:21 PM

Do you mean funny ha ha or funny peculiar Pyxel?

Best Regards Donkeyman!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top