Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:45 PM

Re: Wot No Milk?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Still no milk in Sainsbury's this morning but had to laugh at the customers standing there staring at the empty shelves.

Eventually they were forced to move on to the less conventional stuff and were obviously trying to decide on the best of a bad deal, Coconut, soya, rice, goats, oats, lactose free and cashew.

We ended up with goats milk although I don't hold out much hope for my coffee later.

Oh and no newspapers either.
Some milks (I forget which but UHT is fine) taste ghastly with coffee or tea.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Wonder where you are? there was enough in my corner shop this morning. (Am well stocked up with tins of evap & condensed just in case.)
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:47 PM

Still no milk in Sainsbury's this morning but had to laugh at the customers standing there staring at the empty shelves.

Eventually they were forced to move on to the less conventional stuff and were obviously trying to decide on the best of a bad deal, Coconut, soya, rice, goats, oats, lactose free and cashew.

We ended up with goats milk although I don't hold out much hope for my coffee later.

The poor girls are probably too cold .

Vanilla soy milk is the staple in this house. Mmmm.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:51 PM

Farmers are having to pour milk away because it can't be collected.

It'll only be a few days, soon be back to normal.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 03:59 PM

Hi

The milk tankers were OK here, the problem was getting it out of the diaries, the artics could not travel.

I saw a lot of crashes this morning, very icy in parts.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 04:24 PM

Dongles, I drank nothing but goats milk for over 20 years (I kept goats ), and it tasted very strange when I had to rehome the last one, and go back to cows milk.
I did find the milk varied slightly according to what they'd been eating though.

Which leads me to wonder if human babies notice the different taste in their mother's milk if Mum has eaten certain foods? Hmm .......

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dongles, I drank nothing but goats milk for over 20 years (I kept goats ), and it tasted very strange when I had to rehome the last one, and go back to cows milk.
I did find the milk varied slightly according to what they'd been eating though.

Which leads me to wonder if human babies notice the different taste in their mother's milk if Mum has eaten certain foods? Hmm .......

Is it going to spoil my coffee Mups?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Is it going to spoil my coffee Mups?

I don't know sweetie pie, it depends on your taste doesn't it.
You might even enjoy it more - or not.
Do let me know.

Funny old characters they are, I love 'em.
A VERY old photo of a couple of 'em being playful.

This was a very pretty little youngster:

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know sweetie pie, it depends on your taste doesn't it.
You might even enjoy it more - or not.
Do let me know.
I shall give it a go and see what happens.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 05:07 PM

They give people, with eczema, goat's milk and people think that it also helps with psoriasis and asthma.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top