Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 12:57 PM

My daughter is death to plants and flowers!

Our eldest daughter only has to look at a plant or bunch of flowers and they seem to die! Being a vicar she is often given them as a gift for services rendered. Most of them end up at our home where they get proper care. Yesterday I had to rescue a cactus of hers, which was on its last legs!

Is there any member of this forum who puts a jinx on plants and flowers?
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 01:19 PM

Re: My daughter is death to plants and flowers!

Tara, I did not think it was possible to kill a cactus, I thought cactus were invincible.

I am like you, plant rescuer and plant paramedic.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Tara, I did not think it was possible to kill a cactus, I thought cactus were invincible.

I am like you, plant rescuer and plant paramedic.
Well my daughter did her level best with this one!
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Tara, a confession from me. A neighbor once threw out a live plant display that someone sent her after her brother died. She had not watered it and hence it was also ready for the grave.

I waited till she left and scurried over to rescue it from the trash. Still have it today.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

12-03-2018, 02:31 PM

Tara, a confession from me. A neighbor once threw out a live plant display that someone sent her after her brother died. She had not watered it and hence it was also ready for the grave.

I waited till she left and scurried over to rescue it from the trash. Still have it today.
As it was thrown out, you weren't doing anything wrong in rescuing it.
Adanac
canada

12-03-2018, 02:38 PM

I know, one person's trash is another person's treasure. I just waited till no one was around to see me poking through the trash
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 09:16 PM

I love plants and flowers, and my friend always says I have 'green fingers.'

They are living things to me, and I enjoy caring for them and do my utmost to keep them healthy.

This very night I have sown 3 different types of seed and popped in my little progogator.
Yes, I could buy them and save the bother, but I really enjoy watching things grow.
Adanac
canada

12-03-2018, 09:29 PM

Mups, I have never had luck starting from seed. They seem to be doing well then suddenly topple over.

What am I doing wrong?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 09:33 PM

Mups, I have never had luck starting from seed. They seem to be doing well then suddenly topple over.

What am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately, I have no idea Adanac - sorry.

It could depend on so many things e.g. light, temperature, over/under watering, old seed used, 'damping off' disease, not sowing at right time, old compost - lots of things.
Adanac
canada

12-03-2018, 09:41 PM

You're right Mups, I will keep trying. But I do find it best when I start outside, there I can do no wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top