Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Online Glasses

Hi

Many thanks to Barry for his link.

Saved me a mint and very quick delivery.

A word of warning.

Some of the online sites are actually more expensive than Specsavers.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 03:06 PM

Re: Online Glasses

I would never in a million years buy spectacles on-line. I would only ever go to an optician to get them. In fact my husband and I are having our eye tests at Specsavers tomorrow. It will cost a bob or two, but at least we will know the lenses are correct and the spectacles look ok, and are fitted properly.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 03:20 PM

My brother-in-law has his eyes tested locally then goes online to purchase his contact lenses - saves a fortune by doing so.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 04:02 PM

I would never go to Specsavers anyway for an eye test. They are amateurs compared to proper opticians.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would never go to Specsavers anyway for an eye test. They are amateurs compared to proper opticians.
Not the one we go to. We always insist on seeing the same guy as we have confidence in him.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 04:34 PM

Hi

I find Specsavers very good for eye tests.

Very thorough , enough to give me a fit to drive, including a Field Test.

I got a Prescription from them, went online and saved a mint.

I could have saved another £100 by buying them from Poland or Taiwan, but I need to drive soon.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 04:44 PM

Has anyone ever tried to virtually try on frames to see which ones suit you before going in. I do because I can't see when I try them on in the store and I don't want just another's opinion, I like to see for myself what they look like.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 04:47 PM

We normally have our eye tests at Asda then take the prescription and use it to buy specs from glasses2you. As I said earlier on another thread, we have always received great service and the specs have always been as good as you can get anywhere. It certainly works for us, and I would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2018, 04:51 PM

For the government driving eye sight test you have to go to Specsavers, so they can't be that bad
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-03-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
For the government driving eye sight test you have to go to Specsavers, so they can't be that bad
Hi

That is exactly why I went to them today.

Saved me weeks waiting for the NHS.

Very thorough, I was there for an hour, field test included.

Freedom at last, I can get out and about again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top