Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 02:52 PM

Re: Online Glasses

Originally Posted by SamTheMan ->
I went to a local optician yesterday to have my eyes tested and get new glasses. I only went in last week 'cos a lens hed come out and i was asking them to fix it, but she convinced me i needed a test. So 3pr of glasses; reading; distance, and for using the computer, and then a tint on the distance ones, and anti-glare on the others, I'm sitting there watching the numbers going up, but it is only once every 2 years, and i more positive of what i've got than if i'd bought online.
I've got diplopia (double vision), i'd worry an online test didn't take that into consideration.
You don't have an online test Sam, you have the test at an optician but you have the prescription made up by an online company. If it didn't work they wouldn't be in business very long...
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 03:36 PM

Re: Online Glasses

I hope it is not against the rules to mention that we go to Specsavers in Mold, Flintshire. All the staff are very friendly and helpful and go the extra mile. My husband's varifocals needed a bit of attention, which was done was free.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top