Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 08:38 AM

Re: Friend Requests

I tend to accept all friend requests, after all,even if I find I don't like them later, what harm can it do?
My profile shows that I have 25 friends, some never post, some I post with often and I have even shared my phone number with a few. There are also a few people that I consider to be friendly, but neither of us have ever thought of asking to be friends!
I have always found that I know who my real friends are...and some of them are not even on my friends list. Don't worry Adanac, only a fool would take offence if you ignored their request... because friend means nothing on a forum!
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 08:56 AM

I find it amusing that when some men join, they just hit the friend button on all the females

Like why would I accept a friend request from someone Ive never even spoken to?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:10 AM

I always ignore friends requests, I don't join forums to make 'friends', once bitten twice shy.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:44 AM

I need to feel I know them from things they've posted before. I wouldn't send or accept friend requests from complete strangers. It doesn't mean I know them or even would want to meet them in real life though.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:49 AM

What??
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
I find it amusing that when some men join, they just hit the friend button on all the females

You have a point. I regret any offence I may have caused in my shallow actions
I meant well, but historically the road to well is littered with good intentions.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

13-03-2018, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
And don't feel sorry for lover boy
You know he wants the world to love him and then he goes and spoils it all.
Ouch spitty, there's more to life than just being right, I seem to remember being turned down by your good self when I was a newby in 2012.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->

I think that's because when men join, the existing female members seem to be the most friendly and chatty. I suppose they welcome newbies more than the men do.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:09 AM

We all know that forum friends are not necessarily real friends but I do think if I had a request refused, I would interact less with that person, particularly if they had been around for some time. Newbies, I can understand.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:29 AM

The friends system on here seems pretty pointless anyway, I don't see what purpose it has other than showing your "tribe", on places like facebook it makes more sense as you then see the other persons feed or chat to them easier. I am only friends with two people on here and that is just because I know them from elsewhere.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top