Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 01:42 AM

Re: A life at sea

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I have seen these PD. Most are owned by oil multi-millionaires from the Middle East. All I know is that I have been on enough cruises to know that after a week or so, I have seen more than my share of many of my fellow cruisers .

The last time I sailed it was "Gold Chain Guy"...the one with lots of gold jewelry and body hair, making it a mission for everyone to see and hear him..... I seemed to run into him everywhere...
There's always one ! I worked on the cruise liners before I was married. There are some characters , to say the least.
The middle aged blonde with gold everything dangling , who would sit at the bar and 'try' to chat the very young, male bar staff up. Quite often lucky too Same thing next cruise, just another face in a different 'flogged out' body. Then the 'dining at the Captain's Table 'routine. The Captains hated it ! What a nonsense it all is. However, without them things would not be so entertaining.
If you lived on board Adanac, there would always be someone new to spend time with.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 05:56 AM

Much as I love the sea being permanently on a cruise ship would be my idea of hell ! Different all together if I had my own luxury yacht !!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I remember watching a documentary a few year back about a chap that lived full time aboard a luxury cruise ship he barely ever left it. Would you want this sort of life?While in the RN i was glad to get ashore for some leave so not for me thank you.
Definitely not, I am not a good sailor.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 11:12 AM

If I had the money to do so, yes I would love it, spending the rest of my time cruising the Meditteranean. Regrettably, never to be, because of my illnesses and my need of hospital tests and medications.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top