Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Re: EU proposes ending daylight saving

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I think part of the reason for continuing with the clocks going backwards and forwards is to do with kids going to school/coming home from school in the dark.
Not sure what the problem is. As I said earlier, we have effective street lighting and, what's more, it seems that most parents now seem to drive their little darling the few yards to their school!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Whatever way you want to look at it, we have (and always will have) shorter days in the winter. There's nothing anyone can do about that.
That was kinda my point.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 01:35 PM

I've always thought our GMT time was crazy! How can it be right for it to be lighter in the mornings before half of us are even up and about and yet darker in the evenings when we are all awake!! Just think, if we have lighter evenings, we will save on energy bills, crime will be less, and people would be happier!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I've always thought our GMT time was crazy! How can it be right for it to be lighter in the mornings before half of us are even up and about and yet darker in the evenings when we are all awake!! Just think, if we have lighter evenings, we will save on energy bills, crime will be less, and people would be happier!
Indeed .....

I will get my dose of Vitamin D and be less vulnerable to SAD, as well .....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 02:20 PM

bring it on definitely. I get little daylight in the winter months as it is with my horrendous working hours, so it would be nice to see this happen. And it's such a pain changing all the clocks around the house.
It's not good for farming apparently though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
That was kinda my point.
Yes!!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Indeed .....

I will get my dose of Vitamin D and be less vulnerable to SAD, as well .....
Quite right, Omah. I too suffer from SAD in the wintertime which gets me very depressed. Vitamin D3, honey and the odd energy drink usually keeps me from teetering over the edge.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 02:32 PM

I have a lamp thing for SAD.
It was my late BIL.
I don't want it.
PM me and it yours for free.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 02:43 PM

What on earth has it got to do with the EU ?

Countries that no longer want daylight saving should be able to scrap it if they want to and those that want to keep should also be able to do so.

Darned busybodies
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2018, 03:01 PM

I am sick of EU dictators eroding our traditions!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top