Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:25 PM

When Does It Get Easier When Raising A Baby?

Seriously? Or doesn't it?

I'm thinking of the seemingly non-stop cycle of feeding, burping, cleaning, and comforting a fussy baby when the mother feels as if she is not getting a break

I know the first few months can be really bad with the lack of sleep until they settle down somewhat. But even then it can seem a slog.

The baby of the mother I have in mind is now three months old, and while it did get easier after two months the feeling of not have time alone has returned.

NB I'm not looking for ways of getting breaks here, more wondering if it gets easier in time - and when - maybe as the babies "give more back" than just the occasional smile.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:35 PM

Re: When Does It Get Easier When Raising A Baby?

I'm seemingly still too involved and a bit worn out from the care and feeding of a 20-year-old whose sleep cycles are still out of whack.

I'll let you know...
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 10:36 PM

It doesn't ! Mums enter 'robotic mode' for many years. Mum's actually become last in the pecking order. It is said to be eleven years before getting a 'lie-in', but that of course depends on whether there is one child or more and every child is different.. One won't sleep, one won't eat, one is teething, one is as good as gold.. Don't remind me !
Newcomer
Dorset
Newcomer is female  Newcomer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:02 AM

Oh it does get easier when they can do things for themselves. That's when it becomes more worrying, and never stops. It's all part of being a parent.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 10:36 AM

It gets a bit easier when they are 18+
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Newcomer ->
Oh it does get easier when they can do things for themselves. That's when it becomes more worrying, and never stops. It's all part of being a parent.
Surely ages 3 to say, 10 should be easy and rewarding?

I was thinking when they start to come out of the early cabbage stage and start to "give something back" to the relationship makes it more bearable (at least). Say at 4/5 months.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 01:15 PM

With hindsight, the baby stage was the easiest bit!

I think withyour first baby, you are a little bit of a clueless novice. You do everything by the book, which l found made things much harder.
By the time you have your second one, things get easier and after that you reach ‘professional’ status!

I think, it was found in large families, it was usually the older children who tended to, and brought the new babies up!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 01:55 PM

I can't say I liked the tiny baby stage, but it had to be endured.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 02:03 PM

I was really only happy in my marriage if l had a baby. I loved having a baby to look after.

I wonder, if l was psychologically damaged after still playing with my dolls at the age of 13?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2018, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
Surely ages 3 to say, 10 should be easy and rewarding?

I was thinking when they start to come out of the early cabbage stage and start to "give something back" to the relationship makes it more bearable (at least). Say at 4/5 months.

What exactly do you mean by "give something back" Why should it be necessary or important to give something back. The child didn't ask to be born.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top