Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Re: When Does It Get Easier When Raising A Baby?

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
What exactly do you mean by "give something back" Why should it be necessary or important to give something back. The child didn't ask to be born.
I'm well aware they couldn't ask to be born. Anymore than they could ask to be aborted.

When they start to "give something back" - as they emerge from the vegetable state of the early months, it should be a little more rewarding for the mothers in their slog to bring them up. (As they make advances and develop)

I would have thought.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
With hindsight, the baby stage was the easiest bit!

I think withyour first baby, you are a little bit of a clueless novice. You do everything by the book, which l found made things much harder.
By the time you have your second one, things get easier and after that you reach ‘professional’ status!

I think, it was found in large families, it was usually the older children who tended to, and brought the new babies up!
If my 15 month old granddaughter is anything to go by, babies today are far more "high maintenance" than even mine were. My wife looks after her for two full days and is absolutely drained with hours to go. Anyone trying to do that all day and every day would quickly lead to some sort of breakdown.

Great for the baby though. Just wonder how she'll cope in the "real world" of school.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:33 PM

If she's only 15 months old then presumably she has a sleep during the day?
I seem to remember the strict (and very sensible) advice that when baby sleeps you take the phone off the hook and either sleep or rest yourself!

It's madness to run on overdrive.
Batteries need recharging!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:36 PM

It gets a little easier when they leave home, but not by that much.....
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
If my 15 month old granddaughter is anything to go by, babies today are far more "high maintenance" than even mine were. My wife looks after her for two full days and is absolutely drained with hours to go. Anyone trying to do that all day and every day would quickly lead to some sort of breakdown.

Great for the baby though. Just wonder how she'll cope in the "real world" of school.
Of course it wouldn"t lead to some kind of break down.,
quite nonsensical TBH.
Should have tried having 3 children under the age of two, as I did. Now *that* is hard work.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
It gets a little easier when they leave home, but not by that much.....
It gets much more expensive when they leave home and have children of their own.
Gravitas
North England

04-09-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Of course it wouldn"t lead to some kind of break down.,
quite nonsensical TBH.
Should have tried having 3 children under the age of two, as I did. Now *that* is hard work.
There is nothing "nonsensical" about it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:38 PM

Just do what l see some of the mother’s with kids in pushchairs, on the bus, do.

The child starts crying, the mother puts on a cartoon or some other kids video on her mobile phone and sticks it in the child’s hands.

The child shuts up and looks mesmerised as it watches the screen that it’s holding up in front of its face.

Awful isn’t it... whatever happened to rocking cuddles and a little song or a nursery rhyme?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Just do what l see some of the mother’s with kids in pushchairs, on the bus, do.

The child starts crying, the mother puts on a cartoon or some other kids video on her mobile phone and sticks it in the child’s hands.

The child shuts up and looks mesmerised as it watches the screen that it’s holding up in front of its face.

Awful isn’t it... whatever happened to rocking cuddles and a little song or a nursery rhyme?
On the rare occasions I was daft enough to sing to my kids, they covered their ears in horror. My singing voice is worse than awful.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 06:11 PM

I think retroactive birth control is a good option.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top