Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:39 PM

Re: Food

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Funny you should say that Foxy, my daughter has always been a four hour eat type. Even as a babe in arms with her milk, she even seemed to want set times even if she'd had milk just half an hour before. (not very well worded that is it )

She gets hyper active and/or grumpy. When we meet up or she visits, I can tell as soon as she opens her mouth that she needs food. It's times like those when sparks usually fly between us. After she's eaten, she calms down and then starts yawning
Yes Pesta, I know that tiredness feeling after I've eaten, and the older I get, the stronger the feeling to take a nap....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:43 PM

My wife is a good cook but I only cook basic meals myself due to the lack of time. Having said that I do watch my weight and my diet is very good.

I do tend to "pig out" a bit at weekends with a pub meal and I'm terrible for 'snacking' if I'm at home watching the TV.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 09:45 PM

I go through stages, sometimes I don't feel like eating at all for a few weeks, then I seem to go through a stage where everything tastes wonderful....

But either way, I don't eat the amount I used to. I get satisfied easily with a small amount.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
My wife is a good cook but I only cook basic meals myself due to the lack of time. Having said that I do watch my weight and my diet is very good.

I do tend to "pig out" a bit at weekends with a pub meal and I'm terrible for 'snacking' if I'm at home watching the TV.
We try to eat healthy food with the odd indulgence. I rarely eat snacks. And I walk a lot. Getting our hairy beast got 10 kg off my weight.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 08:14 AM

I love to cook - and I love to eat. It is fun to try new recipes from other countries. I rarely buy convenience foods - prefer to make from scratch.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We try to eat healthy food with the odd indulgence. I rarely eat snacks. And I walk a lot. Getting our hairy beast got 10 kg off my weight.
He is lovely. A great way to eat what you want, and stay trim.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 05:18 PM

My husband and I have one main meal a day at lunchtime. We never have cooked breakfasts. Our evening meal is just a sandwich. I try to ensure our meals are reasonably healthy. We don't snack between meals.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 05:25 PM

I cook most of my meals, (yes I have indulged by buying take-aways, or dining out) and I have a 'very healthy' appetite. Normally my main meal is at lunchtime with sarnies early evening.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My wifes lucky......I'm a brilliant cook....
Perhaps you and she should share recopies. Her Mirrin and Teriyaki salmon is to die for.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Perhaps you and she should share recopies. Her Mirrin and Teriyaki salmon is to die for.
Recipe please, Besoeker!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top