Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:10 PM

Re: Food

When step dad was poorly in his later years , I have to admit he was a nightmare to feed

He had lost most taste, his chewing and swallowing wasn’t the best and to keep him enticed and eating took a lot of thought

He still loved something like a curry, strong flavours he actually got to taste Roast dinner was off the menu but a stew he managed. He also liked his sweet food so crumbles and stewed fruit and tinned custard got made as well as triffle and kippers, he could taste them and still enjoyed them

So for him it was small tiny meals of what he enjoyed. To get veg into him I made soup, lots of strong flavours and blended

At 86 we didn’t worry so much about a balanced diet, just one that he ate and enjoyed

What I’m basically saying is eat what you enjoy, when you can. There’s nothing to say a bowl of curry for breakfast is wrong. What’s wrong is when eating is a chore and you can’t be arsed so stop eating
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Recipe please, Besoeker!

bumpity bump!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
bumpity bump!
I can give you the address of her blog.
It hasn't been updated in years but there are many good recipes. My only contribution was the photographs.

http://adollopofcream.blogspot.com
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:13 AM

I am a great believer in.. You are, what you eat.
I don’t buy ready made meals, I cook everything from scratch and notice l feel so much better when l eat lots of vegetables.
I do notice that l prefer tastier foods these days but my favourite food will always be steak!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:28 AM

Being heavily into keeping myself fit most of my adult life I have normally eaten sensibly apart from having the odd relapse with "cheat" meals at weekends when I tend to eat as I please with pizza and pub meals, not to mention a few pints with my friends.

More recently I have made a very committed effort to leave out all ready meals, I rarely use salt (except on peas) and sugar is down to a bare minimum - just a little in coffee and on Weetabix.
I have exchanged sandwiches at work for wraps and inside them is either chicken or tuna. I have one main meal about 4.30pm each day.
I have noticed a pretty good improvement in weight loss but it's always the midriff that is more stubborn than the rest of my body, which is leaner than I've been for years.

Back to original question though - and although I'm very careful with my diet, I still enjoy my food, yes.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I can give you the address of her blog.
It hasn't been updated in years but there are many good recipes. My only contribution was the photographs.

http://adollopofcream.blogspot.com
Thank you, Besoeker, there are some delightful recipes in there. I can see I am in for a busy time!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 07:20 AM

I try to eat healthy where possible, I now make my own Donner Kebabs.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top