Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 08:06 AM

Re: Greedy little boy

I feel sorry for the child actually , people won't like him will they , he won't be invited to the birthday parties and will be laughed at . Very sad . Stupid parents

I am so proud of my polite grandaughters aged 13 and 7 , they are nice children and a delight . We know the importance of love and dicipline don't we .

Poor little kid
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I went to my coffee morning lunch, first outing for a long while,it was very nice, Toward the end 1 of the members daughter came in with her little boy,about 3 yrs. old. I was shocked,he crammed a slice of birthday cake all in his mouth ,handfuls of crisps a banana, an orange & his mother made no attempt to stop him,it seems that she & his Dad do not believe in discipling.,or sopping their children [ boy & girl]doing anything.I felt so sorry for his Gr.mother,she looks after him for a couple of hours in the morning & said to me he,s not very good at doing as he's told. What are these parents thinking of,children need discipline as much as TLC

Children need boundaries from a young age.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Children need boundaries from a young age.
I agree.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 08:47 AM

I have a little Grandson who is a handful...he can't sit still and constantly pushes the boundaries he's been like that ever since he was a baby....always wanting to do what seems impossible and proving its possible.

I think people get the wrong impression about him but folks who know him love him to bits...he is very popular with other kids they all want him at their parties.

I like kids with spirit...it's channelling that spirit that's the challenge and that's sometimes a failure we adults have.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:17 AM

Even if our children were little monkeys at home, they were expected to be polite and obedient when in public, or else. I remember our middle girl having temper tantrum in the supermarket when she was two. She didn't dare do it again!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Even if our children were little monkeys at home, they were expected to be polite and obedient when in public, or else. I remember our middle girl having temper tantrum in the supermarket when she was two. She didn't dare do it again!
How did you handle it Tara?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 10:11 AM

At that age? Two?
I'd tuck them under my arm and march out of wherever I was!
No way would I allow it to become an entertaining spectacle for the gawping public.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

06-09-2018, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
How did you handle it Tara?
She had a spanking.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 10:22 AM

Remember that song in the advertisement just one Cornetto give it to Me? ...well when my kids were naughty in public I would let out with a burst of that...very loudly It worked every time...they were so embarrassed they didn't dare step out of line in case I burst into song again....

A word of caution if you decide to try it...it doesn't work with my grandson he likes it and joins in
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 10:34 AM

I would have said to my mother, if you sing that Cornetto song, I-Scream.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top