Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Re: New Neighbours.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Re: The parking across your drive. You could get NO PARKING written across the pavement or a polite No parking notice pinned to the gate. I think the majority of people would respect that.

The neighbours are a different matter. Best not to fall out with them or they could make your life a misery. If the wife is lovely - have a friendly word with her.

Good luck.
Unfortunately it doesn't always work Carol. I know a couple who live very near a school and people still park across their drive despite the sign. Their excuse is 'I won't be long'.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Unfortunately it doesn't always work Carol. I know a couple who live very near a school and people still park across their drive despite the sign. Their excuse is 'I won't be long'.
I wonder if it's legal to have your own wheel clamp and fit it to cars in cases such as this?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I wonder if it's legal to have your own wheel clamp and fit it to cars in cases such as this?
No idea! Probably not plus you still wouldn't be able to get out of your drive.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It isn't legal.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 03:53 PM

Tarantula, it wasn't ON their property, it was outside of the gardens and the gate, on the public footpath and against the shared hedge that stretched along both fronts of the property. What irks most is that it my Dad that originally planted the hedge and shared it with the couple who were living next door at the time so they would both have a little privacy. They were small terraced houses with only a small garden each in the front.
Besides, Scamp was only a tiny little dog, must have smelled another on the hedge and naturally and instinctly cocked his little leg. Once they do that it is virtually impossible to stop them. He couldn't drag him across the pavement to the kerb and leave a trail of dog pee on the pavement! who on earth would do that? It would of course, be a different matter if it had been a poo and not a pee..
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
No idea! Probably not plus you still wouldn't be able to get out of your drive.
True
Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It isn't legal.
Thanks

Not that I need one myself. I was just wondering.
If someone does park slightly over my drive I'm soon out of the house to "politely" ask them to move believe me
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Tarantula, it wasn't ON their property, it was outside of the gardens and the gate, on the public footpath and against the shared hedge that stretched along both fronts of the property. What irks most is that it my Dad that originally planted the hedge and shared it with the couple who were living next door at the time so they would both have a little privacy. They were small terraced houses with only a small garden each in the front.
Besides, Scamp was only a tiny little dog, must have smelled another on the hedge and naturally and instinctly cocked his little leg. Once they do that it is virtually impossible to stop them. He couldn't drag him across the pavement to the kerb and leave a trail of dog pee on the pavement! who on earth would do that? It would of course, be a different matter if it had been a poo and not a pee..
Fair enough.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 04:25 PM

It's the same in our street. They are mostly large terraced properties here with the front doors directly onto the street. There are no parking restrictions and everyone is usually able to park their own cars outside their own homes. It does tend to get busy sometimes but no-one minds having to park a little way either down or up from their homes. I think everyone is just pleased if we get a parking space nearby where we can still see our cars if looking out the window.

My neighbour next door but one has recently paid for and been allocated a disabled parking bay by the Council outside of his front door. It is clearly marked but if he is out with his car, guaranteed there is always some idiot who takes no notice and parks in it. This is illegal but they take no notice of the law. Of course, if a Blue Badge holder comes and parks in it, that is perfectly legal as long as they display the Badge, even though my neighbour is the person who paid for it.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 04:53 PM

Wonderful story Shrops, did make me laugh!!

But this is early days for swims, and the very worst thing that can happen is to get off on the wrong foot with Hoody.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

06-09-2018, 08:32 PM

Hi ruthio, and thanks. It's not something I am proud of with the language used, but must admit it felt rather satisfying at the time.

With regard to Swimmy and his neighbour, My goodness, I'm certainly not advocating any violence on the part of Swimmy. He is a Salopian like myself. He is also retired from his form of work where he was well able to look after himself. There are many other ways to sort out bad neighbours who are intent on making a pest of themselves, i.e. sheer skullduggery and craftiness.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top