Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:21 PM

Re: New Neighbours.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Hi ruthio, and thanks. It's not something I am proud of with the language used, but must admit it felt rather satisfying at the time.

With regard to Swimmy and his neighbour, My goodness, I'm certainly not advocating any violence on the part of Swimmy. He is a Salopian like myself. He is also retired from his form of work where he was well able to look after himself. There are many other ways to sort out bad neighbours who are intent on making a pest of themselves, i.e. sheer skullduggery and craftiness.
Oh yes! Skulduggery and Craftiness!
How about a spot of lateral thinking?
He could quietly (at night under cover of darkness) collect up any empty beer cans that have inadvertently arrived in his garden.
Then, when there are enough, again under cover of darkness, he could sneak into next door's garden and build a nice high tower of cans for the first person who comes out of the house to topple with a tremendous clatter!!!

Or better still...tie them all together and fix them to the rear bumper of their car (like at weddings in the old days!)...

Or, each time it happens, superglue them to the outside of their dustbin

But he must never be caught!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 05:13 PM

Hi

Thanks for all the comments and advice.

The last thing I want is to start a battle with a neighbour, so decided on a hearts and minds approach.

Gave him and one of his hoodie mates £20 to move some heavy slabs for me into the back garden for a shed base and plied them with Polish Village vodka, the homemade stuff, which is like rocket fuel.

I got my slabs moved, they left richer and absolutely ratted.

Both sides are happy, at least for the moment.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The last thing I want is to start a battle with a neighbour, so decided on a hearts and minds approach.

Gave him and one of his hoodie mates £20 to move some heavy slabs for me into the back garden for a shed base and plied them with Polish Village vodka, the homemade stuff, which is like rocket fuel.

shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Oh yes! Skulduggery and Craftiness!
How about a spot of lateral thinking?
He could quietly (at night under cover of darkness) collect up any empty beer cans that have inadvertently arrived in his garden.
Then, when there are enough, again under cover of darkness, he could sneak into next door's garden and build a nice high tower of cans for the first person who comes out of the house to topple with a tremendous clatter!!!

Or better still...tie them all together and fix them to the rear bumper of their car (like at weddings in the old days!)...

Or, each time it happens, superglue them to the outside of their dustbin

But he must never be caught!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 07:32 PM

Hi

Nice one Swimmy, how could he ever be a neighbour from hell after such kindness!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 07:36 PM

Re the parking across the drive, same problem here, there's a school 30 yards up the road and I've lost count of the number of times I was late for work because some eejit parked across me while they dropped their kids off. The only way I could stop it was to park across it myself which defeats the object of having a drive.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 08:29 PM

Hi

I was going to suggest something that would've cost nowt....

(Hug a Hoodie)
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 09:50 PM

Hi

smooth move
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 10:08 PM

I like your style SF.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top