Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 05:21 PM

Lovely day out!

Some friends - visiting from Reading - took me out to lunch. We went to Beadlam Grange - https://beadlamgrange.co.uk/

Lunch was superb - all three of us had roast beef, Yorkshire pud, carrots, broccoli, roast parsnips, roast potatoes, and lots of onion gravy. They make their own horseradish sauce as well - really clears your sinuses!!

Followed by Pineapple upside down cake with ice cream for me, my friends had sticky toffee pudding, and warm chocolate brownie with cream.

Had to do a raid on their deli after lunch - bought a huge chink of Wensleydale and a slightly smaller chunk of Double Gloucester, a generous slice of cheese and red onion quiche for tomorrows lunch, and lots of other foody bits and pieces.

Went on into Helmsley - and had a look at the shops there. They also had a craft show in the town hall. Lots of beautiful hand made things from cards and jewellery to jumpers and home furnishings - all locally produced. My Westie owning friend has a 'significant' birthday in October and I found the perfect gift there for her - a beautiful painting of a Barn Owl - signed by the artist and in a really nice frame!

We came home via the Lavender Farm at Terrington - naturally had to pop in and sample their wares! It began to drizzle with rain so we did not walk the whole way round.
A good day was had by all.

carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 05:58 PM

Re: Lovely day out!

What a lovely day you've had ST.

It has also given me an idea for another hot seat question.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
What a lovely day you've had ST.

It has also given me an idea for another hot seat question.
Ooops - do I need a strong cup of tea to hand?
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

09-09-2018, 06:59 PM

Lovely day but cant help but notice the jackets, we're currently in the South in shorts and tee shirts.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

09-09-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Panda ->
Lovely day but cant help but notice the jackets, we're currently in the South in shorts and tee shirts.
They only just slipped their jackets on because it began to rain. Most of the day was overcast but warm enough.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top