Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 01:38 PM

Re: You know when you are Old when.

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
You turn up 12 hours early for an appointment then wonder why it's night outside.
Oh dear.

Actually you know you are getting old when you say oh dear a lot.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 06:33 AM

Re: You know when you are Old when.

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Then you are confirmed old because you spend the next several minutes (that feels like an hour) ineptly flailing and fumbling around, pushing any and every button because you are too inept to get the blasted lens switched back the other way, all the while desperately pointing the lens at anything or anyone but your scary face....
My DEAR Surfermom; do NOT think you are alone in this,my dear lady. I recently acquired a new 'mobile' device...namely,a 'Sony Xperia XZ....which is 'Android'. Ok so far-one puts a SIM and an SD card into the damned thing-and it promptly informs you that you have to 'place your finger on the button' so it can take your fingerprint!
Yerwot? Ok,so one does as asked...then gets told to MOVE my finger around...so I do....at which point,the bloody thing asks for my 'unlock code'! PARDON? Oh-having perused several pages of 'instructions' on a borrowed laptop,I start again-only to be informed by that THRICE-DAMNED machine that my' fingerprint is not recognised'!!!!

SO-several expletives later,PLUS a whole lot of failed attempts to get the bloody thing to admit I'm me,I discover the fingerprint thing is an OPTION!

Oh,ffs...RIGHT...in we go again,determined to beat the ba5tard thing...and finally,YAY,I'm having success!

BUT...it shows NO 'contacts'...so I say ''B0LL0CKS!'' fairly vehemently-then take it to my friend Ian,so I can ask his young daughter [21] if she could possibly help???

....and within 5 minutes,it's working,I have both fingerprint AND 'code number',the contacts list is perfect,there's an 'Adblock' in place [?-I didn't like to ask] and she's taken two pics of me AND made me take two pics of her,so that I can use the camera 'properly' [Bloody cheek!]

So,I rolled back home happy as a pig in chiffon....until the bloody thing rang,just this very afternoon.
I had NO idea how to answer the call,so it went to 'voicemail'...which I then,whilst trying to access,accidentally deleted! Again..."B0LL0CKS!"....

....so I'm back with my trusty old Nokia 3210.

....and I've decided I'm officially 'old'....

....and THAT bloody thing's in the drawer-where it's STAYING!...

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top