Join for free
Page 38 of 38 « First < 28 36 37 38
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 04:48 PM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Why am I not surprised at this ??? - the obsequiousness of the CPS is sickening!!!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/02/1...ham-car-crash/
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Why am I not surprised at this ??? - the obsequiousness of the CPS is sickening!!!

No surprises there.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 05:18 PM

Other people aren't prosecuted,UJ,so why should he be,I nearly had a fatal car accident,..a very elderly lady driver came across my path,I had no where to go,she wasn't prosecuted...the ambulance crew who came to the scene said,if I had been going at 60mph,it could have been a very different story!..the police told me,they didn't class that as dangerous driving.i also suffered bruising and whiplash,I had to have 8weeks of physio.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 05:50 PM

I still say they should have prosecuted the doddery old fool. The fact they didn't just goes to show, as I said before, the sickening obsequiousness of the CPS.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Other people aren't prosecuted,UJ,so why should he be,I nearly had a fatal car accident,..a very elderly lady driver came across my path,I had no where to go,she wasn't prosecuted...the ambulance crew who came to the scene said,if I had been going at 60mph,it could have been a very different story!..the police told me,they didn't class that as dangerous driving.i also suffered bruising and whiplash,I had to have 8weeks of physio.
I don't understand the attitude of the police these days.

We all know that they prefer to go for the easy targets, but surely this is exactly that: an easy target?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

Typical!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I don't understand the attitude of the police these days.

We all know that they prefer to go for the easy targets, but surely this is exactly that: an easy target?

I was livid JBR,she could have killed me!....what could I do or say,I am powerless in that situation.the police don't act like they used too,..cut backs,money,money,that's what it's all about,the stories I could tell!.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
He did, at least, do his bit in the war.
Granted , but he certainly partied hard afterwards , I think he is toad , and looks more & more like an old tortoise on the rare days we see him .
Certainly won"t shed any tears when he finally goes .
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2019, 10:19 PM

IMO Philip is truly obnoxious.
However I can’t see how prosecuting him with serve a purpose.

He’s handed in his license so he’s know longer a danger to public .
He won’t learn anything by being taken to court .
It would be costly and embarrassing we’re already the butt of many jokes over brexit !

Page 38 of 38 « First < 28 36 37 38

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top