Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2019, 11:31 PM

Phases

The planet has gone through phases, Ice Age, Iron Age, etc, etc, so do Forums. Prominent posters, no names of course, but, influential in there own way, have introduced and have disappeared, but some folks represent the planetary system, stoic, and there forever, is this a true synopsis?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 12:04 AM

Re: Phases

Can I get back to you on this matter?
My bed is calling me.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The planet has gone through phases, Ice Age, Iron Age, etc, etc, so do Forums. Prominent posters, no names of course, but, influential in there own way, have introduced and have disappeared, but some folks represent the planetary system, stoic, and there forever, is this a true synopsis?
You do pose some interesting questions, Spitfire, and - yes - I believe you have given a good analogy there.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 08:59 AM

Yes a good analogy....I often wonder what the big personalities here are like in real life.....are they the same? Or do each of us have an online persona distinct from our every day lives?.. I would describe myself here as a stoic non entity.....Gosh depressed myself now
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 12:07 PM

Nice one Spitty.....
I believe the forum is currently in it's 'Brexit' phase. Like it or loath it, it's the elephant in the room and has occupied many threads over the last couple of years, even ones like this one that is NOT about 'Brexit'...Many posters will go their separate ways once 'Brexit' is over [if it ever does 'get over!] But some hardened forumites will still be punching the keyboard and hoping to get noticed.....

All phases have one thing in common, they will eventually end, it's just the duration that alters....The planets have shown little movement as long as mankind has existed on the earth, so you could say that planet phases run into billions, if not trillions of years, but eventually change will occur.

Human generational phases last around 70 - 90 years, when all the old lot [that's us] will be superseded by the latest models. I think forum phases can be linked to generational fluctuations. Retirement, disablement, loneliness [after the loss of a loved one] or temperament [flouncing]....Or pressure from a loved one to spend more time with them, or do some jobs around the house..."You think more of your friends on the forum than you do about me!".....Yer, they don't answer back and I can switch them off when they do.....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:08 PM

I agree OGF

In this respect and to use Spitfire's analogies the forum is seeing a temporary meteor shower of new accounts. This isn't necessarily a good thing for the forum as the accounts are largely EU Propaganda aliases which are appearing in droves on all forums across the internet It's a massive social media campaign designed to sway the nation in preparation for another referendum.

As such these accounts are merely temporary, they are fly-by-night visitors, travellers passing through. They are here for one reason only, to perpetuate the EU Campaign.

I think Spitty is right about past "ages" too. A brief look at the membership list here reveals 100s if not 1000s of people and only a handful actually use the forum in a contributory way. Where did all those others go to? Why didn't they hang around? I guess they had their reasons.

Overall, when BrExit is finally done with, the fly-by-nights will all crawl back under the woodwork and disappear. The forum will probably seem very quiet except that there will be a proponent constantly highlighting negative things if we do actually get to leave the EU (which we won't of course!).

We have years and years of drivel to come. Price of sugar goes up, the posters will say "well what did you expect, you voted for BrExit!!" and so on.

All good fun.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:16 PM

Interesting posts. I have to agree with them.
Forums originally back in Roman or Greek times, were really for debates.
I am not a debater on forums really.
Maybe it's a phase for me on that score.
But I don't think so, I read those sections occasionally then leave.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:22 PM

I do feel that some things just go around and around in circles ..... or maybe it's an elliptic orbit?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2019, 01:48 PM

Hi, being a new member of forum,l am definitely guilty of focusing on the B subject, but the reasons for this are mainly about democracy and the lack of honesty displayed by both sides in parliament,our so called representatives.However, lam detecting change in the postings on the forum away from the B subject, perhaps Meg has better data on whether this is so, myself, l think the B phase is fading away slightly,lam now looking forward to the next phase Regards, Donkeyman.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

11-02-2019, 02:00 PM

Can uncertainty be classed as a phase?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top