Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 11:46 PM

Re: Lucky

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A good point Surfermom, I often feel grateful and lucky to have been born in the location I was, and to the parents I inherited ...But can a child born in a third world country and into poverty but with loving parents, also feel lucky?
Would a person born blind never knowing the true meaning of 'Sight' ever be envious of something they were never aware of? Contentment is the happiness of accepting your 'lot and limitations' in life....
Yes, definitely!

My kids were perfectly happy in their orphanages despite the fact that any outsider would have considered them horribly neglected. Would they have thought themselves lucky?

I think I am lucky, but am I contented, OGF? Not always. What's around that next bend? Can trim down that running pace by 30 seconds. How did I let myself become this age and not be able to play a stringed instrument?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 11:53 PM

Edited
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I actually told my wife..” yes your bum does look big in that “ ....I’m lucky to still be here
It's the opposite with me. My wife tells me about mine...but that's due to leg training and it's not fat either, just pert muscle.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Yes, definitely!

My kids were perfectly happy in their orphanages despite the fact that any outsider would have considered them horribly neglected. Would they have thought themselves lucky?

I think I am lucky, but am I contented, OGF? Not always. What's around that next bend? Can trim down that running pace by 30 seconds. How did I let myself become this age and not be able to play a stringed instrument?
We all have strengths and weaknesses Surfermom, we are not expected to turn our hands to everything. Playing a stringed instrument has eluded me over the years also, as has something you have to blow to produce a tune. But God? saw fit to give me runners legs and lungs, and the pleasure they have given me over the last forty years [as I continue to pound out the miles and reminisce over my journals] I am truly grateful.

Running has also enabled me to meet and communicate with some seriously good friends, and you are one of them Surfermom....
Perhaps contentment will engross you in the next ten years, as it did with me...
Rather than look to the future for contentment, look to the past at your achievements....What's around that next bend is unimportant when you have the confidence to tackle anything that may appear. The older I get the less surprised I become....
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:41 PM

We all have strengths and weaknesses Surfermom, we are not expected to turn our hands to everything. Playing a stringed instrument has eluded me over the years also, as has something you have to blow to produce a tune. But God? saw fit to give me runners legs and lungs, and the pleasure they have given me over the last forty years [as I continue to pound out the miles and reminisce over my journals] I am truly grateful.

Running has also enabled me to meet and communicate with some seriously good friends, and you are one of them Surfermom....
Perhaps contentment will engross you in the next ten years, as it did with me...
Rather than look to the future for contentment, look to the past at your achievements....What's around that next bend is unimportant when you have the confidence to tackle anything that may appear. The older I get the less surprised I become....
You have a wonderful perspective on your life, Foxie. Wish there were more who could appreciate what they were handed in life.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
You have a wonderful perspective on your life, Foxie. Wish there were more who could appreciate what they were handed in life.
Thanks Right Now, I appreciate your comments, I try not to overthink stuff these days..x.....
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:16 PM

Thanks Right Now, I appreciate your comments, I try not to overthink stuff these days..x.....

I'm with you there, Foxie
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 04:43 AM

Rather than look to the future for contentment, look to the past at your achievements.
...What's around that next bend is unimportant when you have the confidence to tackle anything that may appear. The older I get the less surprised I become....
Good words all around. I am still in wonder of it all and at the advice of my dad, whose body is finally failing him, enjoying the privilege of two good feet, two so-so eyes (where are my readers?) and a curious mind. Funny thing though, I am already contented. Can one be both?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 06:01 AM

When i think of my childhood and where I am now I suppose people would say I'm lucky.....but I remember my granny telling me the harder you work the luckier you'll get and I think there is some truth in that.... that and positive thinking.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top