Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:20 AM

Re: Do you relax easily?

Life used to be manic, for most of my life I was constantly on the go all the time.

Since retiring I've made a conscious effort to slow down, there's always tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow.

However, I can't sit and do nothing. I need my mind to be occupied be it by the telly, puzzles, surfing the web, something.

My thinking time comes when I walk the dog.

My thinking of nothing happens when I sleep.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:51 AM

I never truly relax or sleep well. The reason being that there is quite a lot to worry about. It stops me from ever switching off.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:52 AM

I am quite a lively person but l have no problem relaxing.
My best relaxation time is in the bath. I just lie there, close my eyes and think of nothing. I don’t have scented candles or soft music playing as they would do my head in!

I sleep so well at night. If l have anything on my mind, l write it on a price of paper that l keep on the bedside table. I then deal with it in the morning. It only escalates out of proportion, if you keep thinking about it before you go to sleep.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Funny you should ask that, Mupsy. Well not funny exactly but a coincidence.
I have been doing 10 minutes of meditation once or twice a day for the last two weeks.
Got it from a book. Apparently 10 minutes every day is the minimum to make a difference to your state of mind.
It'll take at least 8 weeks before one will notice any change says the man. So far it only has a calming effect for a short period.
Ask me again in 6 weeks time.

Good for you Plopsy, hope you benefit from it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
No problem here Mups in fact my favourite poem....

WHAT is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare?—
No time to stand beneath the boughs,
And stare as long as sheep and cows:
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass:
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night:
No time to turn at Beauty’s glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance:
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began?
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.

So much truth in that, Barry.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:58 PM

I have trained myself to relax easily using measured breathing and relaxation techniques and can physically lower my blood pressure by a few units .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 01:17 PM

I love relaxing in our summerhouse, on a lovely summers day, or evening, I can just sit there and watch the birds on the feeders, or listen to the water feature, there’s something about the sound of water, and although we live on a housing estate, it can be surprisingly quiet..
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 01:38 PM

Yes mostly I can. But I often find myself doing in on a Winter's night when I'm on my own in the house, sitting by the fire with no other light on.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 06:02 PM

I am a very laid back person & totally relaxed most of the time. I don't get stressed either. Think I must be very lucky.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am a very laid back person & totally relaxed most of the time. I don't get stressed either. Think I must be very lucky.
I'm very like that too Tiffany

I've also found that swimming has helped me switch off from work stuff too
I'm totally in the zone of the the physical activity and afterwards I'm relaxed but also energised and happier
which makes me more able to deal with the "stuff" the next day

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top