Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:26 AM

Re: Does money burn a hole in your pocket?

Hi

Money day today.

Already been to the Cashpoint, drawn out my £500 spending money for the month and in my wallet.

The £500 is frivolity money, non essential spending.

It is my way of keeping control, when it is gone it is gone, I never draw any more out.

A rapidly emptying wallet is a great break on spending, very visual.

My bit of fun is wheeling and dealing, I buy at auctions and Car Boots and sell on line.

I give the money to my kids.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:30 AM

A am not saying Sue is tight with her money, far from it. The last time she opened her purse Egyptian Moths flew out

AS i said she is not tight with her money, only Fort Knox would be easier to break into.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've always been really good with money (some may say tight ) so no, I only buy what I need and very, VERY occasionally what I want.

I don't know whether it's age or just being a boring old fart but now that I'm comfortably off there's nothing I want at all

When I was actively trying to save I felt a huge sense of achievement every time I managed it, I miss that feeling.

Good post,Nicol and completely agree,you aren't an old fart,you are sensible and looked to the future,many dont!..saving gives me the same feeling as you!.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:49 AM

♪ ♫ I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack ♪ ♫

We're saving for an apartment in Lisbon, don't know if we'll ever get there, but in the meantime we're careful .... lunch out is from the McD saver menu, Chinese takeaways are shared, I limit myself to one item of camera equipment per year at under £500, wear Primark jeans with my Church's brogues, Ralph Lauren shirt from TK Maxx.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I've always been really good with money (some may say tight ) so no, I only buy what I need and very, VERY occasionally what I want.

I don't know whether it's age or just being a boring old fart but now that I'm comfortably off there's nothing I want at all

When I was actively trying to save I felt a huge sense of achievement every time I managed it, I miss that feeling.
Nicol I am very similar to you. I have spent a life time without any spare cash and 'managing' without help from anyone and I took pride in providing with so little.
It now comes as second nature to me to watch every penny .

I am better off now than I have ever been and with a son who would help if I needed it (though I would never ask). The irony is my needs are very few now and I have money to spare .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:58 AM

Blimey dood...Ralph Lauren shirts in TK Max?.... you have posh TK's where you live
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Blimey dood...Ralph Lauren shirts in TK Max?.... you have posh TK's where you live
Hi

Knaresborough and Ripon Charity Shops Summer, amazing places.

For a day out with your friends, Knutsford.

The heart of Footballer Country.

A brand new Versace outfit for my Ex for £90, still with tags on.

Great food as well.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Nicol I am very similar to you. I have spent a life time without any spare cash and 'managing' without help from anyone and I took pride in providing with so little.
It now comes as second nature to me to watch every penny .

I am better off now than I have ever been and with a son who would help if I needed it (though I would never ask). The irony is my needs are very few now and I have money to spare .
This is it exactly.

I struggled for years with no money and so did my parents so I was brought up to mend and make do.

Now I have money there's nothing I want. My car is 11 years old but it still goes, sails through the MOTs and I don't see the point in replacing it especially as I hardly ever use it.

There's no work needs doing on the house, I don't like holidays......I can't find anything to spend my money on. I've recently resorted to donating to charities, at least that way the money does somebody somewhere some good.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Yeah they have a right jumble of shirts on hangers ... unknown names mixed with 'designer' names. RL Polo Oxford shirt for £30.

I took this pic of one drying in our garden last summer.

summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yeah they have a right jumble of shirts on hangers ... unknown names mixed with 'designer' names. RL Polo Oxford shirt for £30.

I took this pic of one drying in our garden last summer.

I'll have to go have a good search in the local TK here....I often go to the designer centre near York, Ralph Lauren have a shop there and sometimes you can get good bargains.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top