Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:30 AM

Re: Does money burn a hole in your pocket?

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
This is it exactly.

I struggled for years with no money and so did my parents so I was brought up to mend and make do.

Now I have money there's nothing I want. My car is 11 years old but it still goes, sails through the MOTs and I don't see the point in replacing it especially as I hardly ever use it.

There's no work needs doing on the house, I don't like holidays......I can't find anything to spend my money on. I've recently resorted to donating to charities, at least that way the money does somebody somewhere some good.

Hi

I am not into cars, just big enough for my fishing tackle.

Diesel automatic every time now, I put away £150 a month for the next one, never buy new.

Holidays are important to me, much to pack into my life.

So many things to see and do.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:41 AM

I was brought up to spend a little, save a little and it has always worked for me. I never spend the ‘save a little’ unless I really need it so I look on it now as my emergency pot. I rarely treat myself, I get more satisfaction from treating others. I have never been in debt, if I can’t afford something I don’t buy it.

I brought my children up the same way and it has also worked well for them.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:55 AM

The only thing I really spend money on is travel, other than that I do not really need anything as I am not really materialistic and have never wanted the latest, car, watch, TV, laptop or whatever...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:08 AM

I was brought up to, ‘cut your coat according to your cloth’.

I will be thrifty on some things and extravagant on others but only if l have enough money to do it.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:17 AM

I don't get the urge to spend any spare cash straight away but can, within reason, buy items when I want them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
If you get paid from work (or get your pension) and you have a little to spare for casual spending, do you feel the need to spend it as quickly as possible on anything you can think of?

I'm terrible. I'm straight on Amazon buying clothes or DVDs or looking for concert tickets when I should be holding on to some of it to get me through the month.

Are you good at saving money or are you a little frivolous with it?
I'm the same as you mate, always have been since I started working. Luckily Mrs LD is good with money, the opposite to me.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 12:13 PM

I'm very careful, if I don't need it then I think long and hard about getting it. Mostly I don't bother buying but there has been the odd time when I did impulse buy. I prefer to save as much as I can then I always have enough for Vet Bills (way ott imo) and my car bills. Either can spring at you without any warning.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
If you get paid from work (or get your pension) and you have a little to spare for casual spending, do you feel the need to spend it as quickly as possible on anything you can think of?

I'm terrible. I'm straight on Amazon buying clothes or DVDs or looking for concert tickets when I should be holding on to some of it to get me through the month.

Are you good at saving money or are you a little frivolous with it?
I daren't go to Amazon often as I get carried away. In my case DVD's & books. Also tee shirts. I collect The Mountain brand, an American company. They are works of art, I try to only buy a new one at Christmas or for my Birthday to myself.
I can save money as well, but I think I spend more than I should.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 02:46 PM

Floydy, if you were retired you'd be getting an extra £4.25 pw on your state pension from April.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm the same as you mate, always have been since I started working. Luckily Mrs LD is good with money, the opposite to me.
My wife's the same as me so we've got no chance mate

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I daren't go to Amazon often as I get carried away. In my case DVD's & books. Also tee shirts. I collect The Mountain brand, an American company. They are works of art, I try to only buy a new one at Christmas or for my Birthday to myself.
I can save money as well, but I think I spend more than I should.
I'll take a look at The Mountain, Tiffany. Hope I don't get carried away though 'cos I'll blame you
I use a site called Redbubble a lot.

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Floydy, if you were retired you'd be getting an extra £4.25 pw on your state pension from April.
I'll be handing in my resignation tonight!

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top