Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:48 AM

I Am Doomed, Aren’t I?

There l was in my kitchen this morning, happily emptying my dishwasher when a robin flew over my head and then flew back into the hallway.
Like a scene out of Hitchcock, ‘The Birds’, I bent my head down and quickly headed to open the front door. I then dived back to open the back door. I think it must’ve gone out, as l can’t hear any fluttering.

Now this is the scary bit, l think there is some bad superstition about robins coming into your house....It is a warning of an imminent death, or it could represent a loved one that has died, is still with us.

Would it scare you?
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:53 AM

Re: I Am Doomed, Aren’t I?

There is a superstition that a bird coming into the house is a forewarning of a death. There is also superstition that a robin is a spirit of a loved one

A bird flying into the house is a sign of impending death. ... Some believe that if a bird flies into your house it is bringing important news. If the bird is white then the news will be good, but if it is black then it will be bad and this could mean the death of a family member.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
There is a superstition that a bird coming into the house is a forewarning of a death. There is also superstition that a robin is a spirit of a loved one

A bird flying into the house is a sign of impending death. ... Some believe that if a bird flies into your house it is bringing important news. If the bird is white then the news will be good, but if it is black then it will be bad and this could mean the death of a family member.
marmaduke, l think l will go with ‘ a robin is a spirit of a loved one’!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:24 AM

I just see it as a bird flew into your house Art. Don't worry about it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

I agree with dongles, Art. Wouldn['t worry me in the least.

Have you got a cat? Just wondered if a cat might have brought it in and the poor thing was trying to escape.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:39 AM

Yer doomed !

Not not really Robins are cute little birds it just wanted to say hello!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
There l was in my kitchen this morning, happily emptying my dishwasher when a robin flew over my head and then flew back into the hallway.
Like a scene out of Hitchcock, ‘The Birds’, I bent my head down and quickly headed to open the front door. I then dived back to open the back door. I think it must’ve gone out, as l can’t hear any fluttering.

Now this is the scary bit, l think there is some bad superstition about robins coming into your house....It is a warning of an imminent death, or it could represent a loved one that has died, is still with us.

Would it scare you?
Yep you are doomed! Send me all your money.
I have had sparrows in bade the house, they poo everywhere on their panic to get out
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:53 AM

A Robin in your house! Did you see a Bat Man??
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yup. Just a bird who turned left instead of right!

It wouldn't bother me, in fact, I'd spend ages talking to it, I expect!

How could it be a portent of doom? A bird is just a bird. A house is just a house. Bird flies into house. Bird flies out of house.

If anything then happened, it would be sheer coincidence.

I reckon the bird is in more danger than any humans, from crashing into things in a panic and hurting itself.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:58 AM

Robins are friendly little creatures that don't mind being close to people. It might have come in to say hello and see if a bit of food was to be had. Not the prophet of doom.

On separate occasions, we've had a pigeon and a magpie walk in through the patio doors. I wish they'd left the same way.

They flew all about the room, poo'd and smashed ornaments before I could throw an old towel over them to gather them up and get them out.

We had a squirrel come in once. It really didn't want to leave.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top