Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 02:36 PM

Re: I Am Doomed, Aren’t I?

This made me chuckle Art. I instantly thought of Robin's Nest

Didn't you once say Richard O'Sullivan was a cousin
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
This made me chuckle Art. I instantly thought of Robin's Nest

Didn't you once say Richard O'Sullivan was a cousin
Pesta, You either have a brilliant memory, or hold dossiers on us all!! Only joking!

Yes, Richard O’Sullivan is my cousin. He has suffered strokes and ill health. He is in Brinsworth House, a retirement home for old actors.

My sister has just sent me a message to say my aunt, who is almost 93 and in a nursing home, has had a fall and broken her hip.
I hope she recovers, as this is her fourth fall where she has fractured something, since going in there about three years ago.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:24 PM

I can’t believe this and l am truly in shock. This is the honest truth...

My very best friend, Sheena. Her husband has just rung me to say, Sheena died suddenly this morning.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
There is a superstition that a bird coming into the house is a forewarning of a death. There is also superstition that a robin is a spirit of a loved one

A bird flying into the house is a sign of impending death. ... Some believe that if a bird flies into your house it is bringing important news. If the bird is white then the news will be good, but if it is black then it will be bad and this could mean the death of a family member.

Apologies accepted
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-02-2019, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Apologies accepted
I tried not to be superstitious this morning but that robin must have been significant?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:30 PM

So sorry to hear that Arty......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:26 PM

So sorry to hear about your friend, Art ...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I can’t believe this and l am truly in shock. This is the honest truth...

My very best friend, Sheena. Her husband has just rung me to say, Sheena died suddenly this morning.

Oh no, and the robin's appearance was the subject of (sometimes) derisory discussion .....

The effect of the news on you must therefore be doubly distressing .....

My sincerest sympathy .....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 04:48 AM

Oh, Art, I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

I hope the little robin makes it out safely. They are such remarkable creatures.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 05:48 AM

I'm so sorry Arty about your pal, I had a flippant post all lined up till I heard your awful news....very sad.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top