Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 08:30 AM

Re: I Am Doomed, Aren’t I?

Thank You, Foxy, Mags, Omah, surfermom and summer for your nice words.

If l had seen this thread. I might have been a bit suspicious that it was just a ruse to make a good story but it really has happened.
It’s one of those that you would say, ‘You couldn’t make it up’!

So now l’m wondering was the robin on a mission to forewarn me or was it purely coincidence?

It does make you wonder?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 08:48 AM

Art I am sure we all have unusual experiences with birds but I think they are just coincidence!
On Wednesday, at exactly 3 pm, Percy pigeon ( the one with the long beak that Nom advised me about) landed on the nest that he was born in...... that was exactly the time of Nom's funeral!

I remember getting up one morning and finding a magpie flying around my dining room. I often wonder if it managed to come through the open cat flap by itself...because if a cat had brought it in through the cat flap I would have expected to see , at least a few damaged feathers, but there wasn't a mark on lt!

Sorry to hear about your friend!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Art I am sure we all have unusual experiences with birds but I think they are just coincidence!
On Wednesday, at exactly 3 pm, Percy pigeon ( the one with the long beak that Nom advised me about) landed on the nest that he was born in...... that was exactly the time of Nom's funeral!

I remember getting up one morning and finding a magpie flying around my dining room. I often wonder if it managed to come through the open cat flap by itself...because if a cat had brought it in through the cat flap I would have expected to see , at least a few damaged feathers, but there wasn't a mark on lt!

Sorry to hear about your friend!
Thank you, Twink.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2019, 09:32 AM

That is very, very sad news, Artangel.

Please, please, please, don't think the robin was a portent, though.
Please don't.

It's just a bird that lost its way, and the sad news you received is a very sad coincidence.
Lots of other things happened that day that you wouldn't think were portents.

I have had birds fly into my house, but nothing horrible happened.

It was just a coincidence, albeit a very dramatic one.

We only notice these coincidences because they hold some sort of special meaning for us. We never notice the coincidences that don't.

Hugs to you in your sadness, anyway.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

01-03-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
That is very, very sad news, Artangel.

Please, please, please, don't think the robin was a portent, though.
Please don't.

It's just a bird that lost its way, and the sad news you received is a very sad coincidence.
Lots of other things happened that day that you wouldn't think were portents.

I have had birds fly into my house, but nothing horrible happened.

It was just a coincidence, albeit a very dramatic one.

We only notice these coincidences because they hold some sort of special meaning for us. We never notice the coincidences that don't.

Hugs to you in your sadness, anyway.
Thank You, Pyxell.
Your kind words are very consoling.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top