Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 09:17 AM

Re: If you had the time to travel around the country

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am going to Birmingham first, then Wigan, then Blackpool, Liverpool oh all over.......
West Yorkshire?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 10:06 AM

I'd love to spend some time in Cornwall.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 10:16 AM

My job took me all over Britain. Some of the sites were in towns and some were out in beautiful countryside like Glen Mavis in Scotland.

But a few have memories for me. Kinclune, a farm a few miles from Kirriemuir, the birthplace of J.M. Barrie the creator of Peter Pan.

And we stayed in Culross (pronounced cooross) for a few months. Got awards for the best kept village in Scotland.We lived in Two Shirts Cottage, a few doors down from the palace.

https://www.google.com/search?q=culr...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 10:47 AM

I would love to go to Tresco Island, in the Scilly Isles, it looks beautiful and sounds idyllic.
I bet marmaduke has visited there and will make me jealous!

I live in a tourist area, near Stratford Upon Avon and Warwick. Tourists flock here in the summer.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 10:54 AM

I have time but not able to drive far.
I would visit The Dales, Lake District, Snowdonia (again, went years ago), Oxford ( it looks interesting on Morse) The Gower, Ireland both N + S, Mull, The Highlands....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I have time but not able to drive far.
I would visit The Dales, Lake District, Snowdonia (again, went years ago), Oxford ( it looks interesting on Morse) The Gower, Ireland both N + S, Mull, The Highlands....
We were lucky enough to live in the Lake District (Kendal) for a couple of years. The only downside was it peed it down far too much but when it was sunny days it truly was and is stunningly beautiful.

Take an coach excursion Tess, you will be glad you did x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 11:23 AM

It has often crossed my mind, driving through an area where certain members live and dropping in for a cuppa. I'm not sure our wives and husbands would be quite so enthusiastic but it is good in theory. Of course, there are a couple of areas I would avoid too.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 11:27 AM

In 2012, l went on a coach holiday with a group of friends, to the Isle of Bute in Scotland. I had never been to Scotland before and l really loved it.
It was in October, but the weather was really warm and sunny.

It took nine hours to get to get there and nine hours to get back but for £129, for 5 days and half board, it was great value
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
We would be glad to see you too,although it's a bit hot at the moment.
I always wanted to visit the Scottish Highlands and Islands .Only ever managed Edinburgh for the rugby.
Still one of my favourite areas to visit.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 12:36 PM

I don't think I'd like to be with lots of people on a coach, I might be ok if I had someone to go with but not on my own.
I think trains would be better but expensive.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top