Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 04:46 PM

What A Beauty! Happy 50th Anniversary Concorde.

My favourite aircraft the exquisite, Concorde is celebrating her 50th Anniversary. My biggest regret is never going on her.

I loved, her elegance, her pointy nose and her supersonic boom. She was the most beautiful sight and they don’t make them like that any more.

Did you love Concorde too?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...re_article-top
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 04:54 PM

Re: What A Beauty! Happy 50th Anniversary Concorde.

Of course .....

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 04:57 PM

Omah, That’s a lovely painting or is it a photo? There are some lovely pics in the article l posted.

Get a load of the Queen’s legs, if you like that sort of thing?
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Omah, That’s a lovely painting or is it a photo? There are some lovely pics in the article l posted.
Mine's a painting - here's one of the newspaper photos identical to it:

Possibly even more dramatic in black-and-white .....
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:10 PM

Yes, big regret never to have flown in her.

I used to live in SW London in the 70s, under the flight path, and so saw her a lot. Always knew when she was overhead by the noise she made. It was very loud and very distinctive!

I did go inside the grounded one at Duxford, and was surprised at how small it was!

I was lucky enough to be in London right under the flight path of the last ever flight, so got a lovely view.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-03-2019, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Yes, big regret never to have flown in her.

I used to live in SW London in the 70s, under the flight path, and so saw her a lot. Always knew when she was overhead by the noise she made. It was very loud and very distinctive!

I did go inside the grounded one at Duxford, and was surprised at how small it was!

I was lucky enough to be in London right under the flight path of the last ever flight, so got a lovely view.

Pyxell, That was 24th October 2003? How wonderful for you.
I saw the last flight of my other favourite plane, the Avro Vulcan Bomber. It flew over my house.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Pyxell, That was 24th October 2003? How wonderful for you.
I saw the last flight of my other favourite plane, the Avro Vulcan Bomber. It flew over my house.
Yes, the flight path was right over where I was working at the time, so I rushed outside to see it!

I didn't see the last flight of the Vulcan, but I did get some lovely shots of it at one of its last air shows!

I'll go and dig one out.

Edit...... this one was taken in its final year......

.......... looking just like a magnificent, gigantic moth!...........

Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:44 PM

I happened to see the first Brian Trubshaw flight. Right place, right time.A fluke if you like.
Pyxell
South of England

02-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I happened to see the first Brian Trubshaw flight. Right place, right time.A fluke if you like.
Wow!
Stuff like that is very gratifying!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2019, 05:58 PM

1st wasband worked on her.
Brother in law flew back from US for his Dad's funeral on her, he said it was fabulous.
It was a gorgeous sight in the air, it's a shame it's not still flying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top