Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 12:00 PM

Re: Storm Winds.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Yes it's that alright, Storm Freya they are calling this wee breeze. It's one of those silly pannel fences, they have no gap to let the wind through. But actually it's the posts that are the problem, some have come loose and they need to be resunk in new concrete.
Hope your doing Ok Tiffany.
Our fence looks OK, thanks Roxy & it doesn't seem as windy as it was last night, it's still raining though.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:17 PM

Ours is still standing too, the wind must have been blowing in a direction that didn't hammer it....for once. Glad to hear your's is good too. It's a summer job to get ours properly sorted as there's just too much going on with the Farming side of things at the moment and he just doesn't have the time. He did a tour of all the buildings and fences here and thankfully there's not much damage at all.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Ours is still standing too, the wind must have been blowing in a direction that didn't hammer it....for once. Glad to hear your's is good too. It's a summer job to get ours properly sorted as there's just too much going on with the Farming side of things at the moment and he just doesn't have the time. He did a tour of all the buildings and fences here and thankfully there's not much damage at all.
Our poor Magnolia has taken a bashing though, petals everywhere. The car looks as if it's going to a wedding.

Edited to say.....
I spoke too soon, the wind is worse & the rain is bucketing down.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 01:57 PM

Stormy here but the wind isn’t too strong at the moment, I think it’s due to reach us at around 3.00pm.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 04:57 PM

I'm sure it's a relief that the atmosphere has calmed down and the central part of the low has moved on.

Sorry to hear that your magnolia took a beating, Tiffany, but I'm sure it will be back. Last year a storm stripped every last blossom and leaf off of mine.

I know your sig. other is used to adding another item to the bottom of the list, Roxy, but it's good news that he won't be tackling concrete and posts when it's freezing outside and you won't have to be the one trying to hold the posts plumb.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

03-03-2019, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

Sorry to hear that your magnolia took a beating, Tiffany, but I'm sure it will be back. Last year a storm stripped every last blossom and leaf off of mine.
It's still taking a beating, because although the rain has stopped, the wind is gale force.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 08:50 PM

Not much wind here. My blinking is creating more of a breeze
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 09:59 PM

Ouch
Storm Freya has just arrived here..
Expecting bin, fence, tide and tree damage tomorrow..
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

03-03-2019, 10:04 PM

A bit calmer here now.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2019, 11:15 PM

It's sounds pretty rough outside here at the mo, and has been since tea time. Hope everything's still where it should be in the morning!

Stay safe everyone.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top