Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 08:14 PM

Re: The mess we are in.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Government have taken out Hundreds of gagging orders.

It is simply impossible for those who are part of the System to say what a complete cock up they have made of Brexit.

They will lose their jobs and pensions.

Contrary to popular belief, many Civil Servants are for Brexit, they are so pissed off with our Politicians for not getting any backing and letting the EU run all over us.

Rightly or wrongly, we are convinced that given the Political support, we could have trashed Juncker and Co.

That support was simply not there.

Cameron went and asked for things that other EU Countries where already doing.

Sod that for a game of marbles, no need to ask, just do it.

Blair, the only one to open the Borders when the EU was enlarged to all.

No other EU Country did this.

We need to change the system, we need to hold our Politicians to account.

My job was to protect you, to have that trashed , by Blair and May is not a good place to be.

To be told to release illegals we find is a complete nonsense.

We would have sent them all back to France in accordance with EU Rules.

We were, and still are , prohibited from doing so, by our Politicians.

This is a complete nonsense.

We are still importing those who consider that the rape of 9 year girls is acceptable.

We are still importing those who think that FGM is acceptable.

We are still importing those who think that it is acceptable to stone my lesbian daughter to death.

We need to dump all our Politicians, they are a complete disaster .

We need to change the system.

Blair is now earning £26 million a year.

Cameron is on £8 Million, May will immediately get £5 million.

We need to change this.
I agree with all of this.

You, I and others have said before that all of our problems are caused by our politicians.

What I'd like to know is why? Are they simply incompetent or are they corrupt?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
And you believed all these nut cases without brexiters putting their brain in to gear.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/patricksmit...id-it-was-easy

And the leavers were so easily taken in. The optimism beggars belief. We are now the laughing stock of the world. I believe it will take us a long, long time to crawl out of this one - I don't think we will ever get over it and will be all the poorer financially and for the country status-wise in the world. We are going down the tubes big time IMO.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 08:41 PM

I don't think we were easily taken in as many of us have been trying to get out for decades. But what we didn't do was believe the lies from remain about the sky basically falling in, still I don't believe it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
As those quotations show, the entire "Leave" campaign was a pack of untruths.

Even by the standards of politics generally it was profoundly and unforgivably misleading.
If you think it was the campaign that swayed 17 million people to vote to exit the EU you are very much mistaken OldFogey.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 08:46 PM

Even by the standards of politics generally it was profoundly and unforgivably misleading.

Those who voted leave have only themselves to blame IMO. Unfortunately the whole population gets to suffer because of folks who were sucked in by easy promises.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Those who voted leave have only themselves to blame IMO. Unfortunately the whole population gets to suffer because of folks who were sucked in by easy promises.
Do not presuming all those who voted to leave the EU listened to any promises from either side some of us are capable of independent thought .

I like many others voted not to remain in the Common Market in 1975 and we hadn't changed our minds since .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 09:14 PM

You must be very gullible if you listened to propaganda from either side without doing your own research and forming your own conclusions ..
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

23-03-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Do not presuming all those who voted to leave the EU listened to any promises from either side some of us are capable of independent thought .

I like many others voted not to remain in the Common Market in 1975 and we hadn't changed our minds since .

Some people have certainly been sucked in by empty promises Meg. Maybe not you, I don't know, but many folks have. Better add IMO.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 10:47 PM

I want a sovereign country not one subservient to unelected foreign dictators
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I want a sovereign country not one subservient to unelected foreign dictators
Unelected? Come 22may, you yourself will be voting for your own representation in the europarliament, unless you revoke your democratic right to do so.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top