Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 08:54 AM

Brexit, the legal position.

Hi

Contrary to popular belief Brexit is not controlled by us.

Apologies for even more boring bits, but this is the reality of the situation.

https://publiclawforeveryone.com/201...legal-reality/

This situation could easily have been avoided if May had listened to advice and taken some very basic steps before triggering Article 50.

She didn't and Brexit is now determined by Juncker and Co.

I have a deep personal loathing of the man and to be put into this position by the stupidity of our Politicians I find deeply offensive.

May and others are still not listening, there are solutions to this mess, but they are getting more difficult by the day.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 05:28 PM

Re: Brexit, the legal position.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Contrary to popular belief Brexit is not controlled by us.

Apologies for even more boring bits, but this is the reality of the situation.

https://publiclawforeveryone.com/201...legal-reality/

This situation could easily have been avoided if May had listened to advice and taken some very basic steps before triggering Article 50.

She didn't and Brexit is now determined by Juncker and Co.

I have a deep personal loathing of the man and to be put into this position by the stupidity of our Politicians I find deeply offensive.

May and others are still not listening, there are solutions to this mess, but they are getting more difficult by the day.
Thanks for the link. This means that if may refuses to bring her deal in HoC for a third vote, or bercow stops her from doing so, she is entitled to ask for an extended extension before april 12. In the case a second referendum is planned, she is likely to get an extension till end of 2019, provided she will organise elections for europarliament. What a soap opera Brexit is becoming!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 05:38 PM

Re: Brexit, the legal position.

I was led to believe after article 50 it counted down to leaving day and we either left with a deal or under article 24 (I think it was that one). I am beginning to think our MPs have no idea what they are doing at all because voting to take no deal off the table is not going to mean anything once we get to our date of leaving.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top