Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:57 PM

Re: Brexit and Britain irrelevant?

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So GB caused the rise of Hitler/invasion of Poland/ & France etc,
Where did this professor of yours study
Of course it's all from an economic perspective isn't it,
not always true to life.
We are well aware of our own deficiencies & mistakes in the
past,and possibly the present, which we suffered for, as evidenced
by the number of British graves scattered across Europe,
the poor souls in these graves were not invaders,
We are presently working to alter things a bit UK now BREXIT has
exposed failings in the system,
And things must change
Stfu,. Donkeyman.
Oh dear, it seems you were unable to comprehend the message the article was delivering although from your post I fear lt would be lost on you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
I'm all for cureing the ills in the UK (which I presume you meant by 'our own country), and yes there is a lot to cure, but I fail to see the link with leaving the EU as most, if not all the problems are down to the sovereign descsions of the UK.
Not being funny but we were talking about the UK I live in the UK so where else would I be talking about ?

We've talked about this before too when I ring my MP he blames EU and says he can do nothing about problems I want addressed. Only way to make him and others do their jobs is stop them having an excuse. If we stop paying so much into EU we can spend it here in whatever way we need.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not being funny indeed

We've talked about this before too when I ring my MP he blames EU and says he can do nothing about problems I want addressed. Only way to make him and others do their jobs is stop them having an excuse. If we stop paying so much into EU we can spend it here in whatever way we need.
Julie this has been explained to you in various threads in may posts. Still you keep coming up with the same story. Do you have some kind of learning disability? And this is not meant to be cynical, but you keep coming up with the same lines, however often they are refuted.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Julie this has been explained to you in various threads in may posts. Still you keep coming up with the same story. Do you have some kind of learning disability? And this is not meant to be cynical, but you keep coming up with the same lines, however often they are refuted.
Hi

Solasch, however much you explain it, it was what our MPs tell us time and time again.

They say they cannot do anything because of EU Rules.

Don't blame Julie, blame our MPs.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Solasch, however much you explain it, it was what our MPs tell us time and time again.

They say they cannot do anything because of EU Rules.

Don't blame Julie, blame our MPs.
I don't blame julie. She says she doesn't believe what her mp's tell her about their inability to act. But instead of refuting their argument, she aims at removing the scapegoat (the EU). But mp's will undoubtedly find another scapegoat, and the damage from brexit will be done, without solving the problem of lying mp's.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not being funny but we were talking about the UK I live in the UK so where else would I be talking about ?

a) your MP will make a different excuse, b) nobody here will see that money. Money generation relies on a stable economic environment. c) we will still end up paying into the EU.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There are no simple free trade deals. Global trade is as much of a bunfight as trying to negotiate brexit. More so in fact. If you're not a big player you're pretty much stuffed. The EU negotiates on behalf of members as a big player. We will be a little fish on our own.
Yep - Brexit would mean, to quote ex-President Obama, "Back of the queue"!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by OldFogey ->
Yep - Brexit would mean, to quote ex-President Obama, "Back of the queue"!

Yes Ex President who? Almost as gone as Tony Blair. Just pops up to cause trouble.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Yes Ex President who? Almost as gone as Tony Blair. Just pops up to cause trouble.
A bit like IDS then
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It doesn't matter how many times you are rude I will keep saying the same thing because it is the truth. It was also just one of many reasons I voted leave.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top