Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:29 PM

Ode To. Theresa May

In an effort to express my feelings about current BREXIT chaos, l
I have attempted to create a little ditty that will convey these feelings
to you, it is as follows.
ODE. TO. THERESA. MAY. draft. 3

Whatever happened to strong & stable.
Now Theresa's forced no deal off the table.
Whatever happened to will of the people,
And honour result of our referendum
Whatever happened to deliver result
And get a good deal that honours the vote
Whatever happened Theresa my dear?
It all disappeared. Went up in smoke.
Gone forever. It won't come back,
The establishment mounted a mighty assault,
with media help and EU collusion
our dream of freedom, became an illusion
What happened Theresa,l think it's your fault.
We cannot win now. What can we do
and to think all this Theresa, is because of you.

Donkeyman. 2019
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:34 PM

Re: Ode To. Theresa May

And running through corn fields
Chased by 17.5 million people
Carrying burning torches
And pitch forks ...
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 02:35 PM

I am not one for few words (as you all know!) but when it comes to Theresa May, words really do fail me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Carrying burning torches
And pitch forks ...
It'll take a wee while to get that image out of My mind..poor old Theresa..She may have to emigrate when this is all over
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 05:41 PM

It's never a good thing to feel sorry for your PM imo and that's what I feel alternating between that and anger at her lies.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:04 PM

Yes, May needs to lose the blinkers, come to her senses and start listening to others. But she's a woman so that won't happen.

On the other hand, all these people who are saying they can do a better job haven't come up with a solution have they? Putting it into practice is a completely different ball game and I don't think anybody - either in the government or on this forum - has any real plan to sort this mess out.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes, May needs to lose the blinkers, come to her senses and start listening to others. But she's a woman so that won't happen.

On the other hand, all these people who are saying they can do a better job haven't come up with a solution have they? Putting it into practice is a completely different ball game and I don't think anybody - either in the government or on this forum - has any real plan to sort this mess out.
Quick and easy, but no way painless, solution: revoke article 50 and get on with more important business.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->

This is the thing, Floydy. She took on a job that nobody else wanted. What do they call it now? Poisoned chalice?

Several other 'eminent' politicians ran for the hills.

To give her her due, she stuck with it.

I'm not a Tory voter, but I did admire her staying power through what must have been some really terrible moments.

My feeling was that she was trying to be another Thatcher, and was 'not for turning'. Her style of rhetoric was not good, though, and her speeches smacked of amateur theatricals. However, she did stick to the job, and didn't run away at the first hurdle, unlike others.

Now, though, she must be exhausted, not least partly due to her health (diabetes), so I am not too surprised that she is wilting under the strain.

My feeling is that she tried to make the best out of a very bad job, and I doubt that anyone else would have done better, quite honestly. At least she was prepared to stick her head above the parapet and have a go.

I have heard Remainers accuse her of being pro-Brexit, and Brexiteers accuse her of being pro-Remain.
I suppose that sums up the unenviable position she was willing to have a go at being in.

Quite honestly, I defy anyone to have done any better. If anyone really thinks they could have done better, where were they?
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 07:32 PM

A Remainer committed to delivering Brexit.

Drew too many "red lines".

Irritated too many MPs last Wednesday.

Failed - will be replaced very soon.

But it was Operation Bloody Impossible.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2019, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Carrying burning torches
And pitch forks ...
Could. you. develop. your ditty further. Bread .
I. am interested. to. see. where. it. goes.

Best. Regards. Donkeyman.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top