Join for free
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 02:06 AM

A LETTER TO THE SPEAKER .....interesting read.

A LETTER SENT TO THE SPEAKER ………...A VERY INTERESTING READ !

Dear Mr Bercow,

My name is Ruth Newton, i am 57 years of age and i live in Preston Lancashire.*

However, it has become more and more apparent in recent days that in your eyes and the eyes of the so called House of Westminster that i am a nobody.*

I am not a Politician, i am not a Celebrity, i am not a Barrister nor a Banker, i do not run a Business, i am a Mother and a housewife, i left school at Easter 1978, my reason being was that i was offered a job as a switchboard operator, something i always wanted to do and loved doing, but not because i was too thick and stupid to do anything else.*

The company in question couldn't wait until summer to fill the position so between myself and my parents advice i made a decision to leave school slightly earlier as i had no wish to go to college or university we felt that this was an offer i couldn't refuse.

*But let me make one thing very clear, far too many people like you make a judgement on someones intelligence on the mere basis of whether or not they attended University, that seems to be the general trend today and the million dollar question in order to get anywhere, and seems to be the influence when making an assumption about someones ability and capability to understand basic facts.*

THAT is precisely what you, every Politician within Westminster and the Media have just done to 17.5 million people in this country.*

You have ALL made an assumption that 17.5 million members of the British Public have absolutely no idea what their talking about, or that maybe their general level of intelligence isn't up to scratch.*

Well please allow me to enlighten YOU on some of the facts that the likes of you are obviously not intelligent enough to understand, either through lack of basic education which i doubt is the case, OR ignorance and arrogance, the latter being the most likely.

Firstly, it seems to me personally that the Politicians have forgotten exactly who their employers are, Theresa May does not pay their wages or yours, the Queen does not pay their wages or yours, WE your employers pay your wages, the Plumbers, the Electricians, the Builders, the Cleaners, the Police, the Nurses, the Street Cleaners, the Fire Service, the Shop Assistants, the Engineers, the Bakers, the Mechanics, The Carers, the Teachers, the Doctors, the Taxi Drivers, the Lollipop Ladies, the Dinner |Ladies etc etc etc etc need i go on? all of whom are under paid and unappreciated by Westminster, yet they are your employers, they are everything this country once stood for, the backbone, the very essence of what makes this country tick and what once made this country GREAT. Those are the people you have to answer to, those are the people you have to report to, and those are the people who can sack you in a New York minute via VOTES.*

These are the basic facts that you and the Politicians of ALL parties have either forgotten, or chosen to ignore.

If when i worked, and regardless of where i worked i continuously turned up late, or i was continuously having days off without good reason, or that i ignored my boss and did the job as i wanted to do it rather than the way he/she expected me to do it i would eventually be sacked and replaced without question. Whether or not i thought MY way was better would be completely irrelevant, as i was there to do the job i was employed and paid to do, that's hardly rocket science, it's the way things work

So i suggest that YOU go back to Westminster, gather your heard of leaches and explain how it works.*

You tell THEM that at their Employers request they either do the job they are paid to do, and may i just add very well paid to do, resign, or be sacked.*

They must pack a bag, pick out their most comfortable walking shoes, get on a bus or a train paid for out of their own pockets and go back to their individual constituencies and knock on the doors of their Employers instead of sitting in their comfortable safe haven called Westminster, laughing, smirking, using their mobile phones or falling asleep whilst debating such serious matters.

Come and speak to the people who gave you the privileges NONE of you deserve, face the music,* face the backlash of your arrogant actions, look into the faces of the people who can take away those privileges just as quick as they gave them to you and without another single thought. That is what YOU Mr Bercow must tell the cheats, the liars, the corrupt arrogant politicians and as a matter of urgency.

Should they choose not to take the advice of their Employers then the consequences i can assure you will be costly and will be felt for generations to come....that is the burden you and they must live with, holding you and the politicians solely responsible..its the price you pay for arrogance, betrayal and deceit.

Finally, should you decide to Revoke Article 50 or continue down the road of planning a second referendum, going against the very foundations on which democracy was built and stands for, then the one thing i very personally and sadly feel is that you should then do the right and justified act of abolishing ALL commemorative events in connection with the British Legion and the people who gave their lives in both two world wars and including recent conflicts in the name of that democracy, as to continue with such a farce, a lie and utter disloyalty would be like trampling on them whilst they lay dying in the trenches, it would be like drilling holes in the boats and crafts that took 1000's of brave young men to Normandy, in the full knowledge that they were going to die, but drowning them before they got there. It would be like spitting in their faces and sniggering at their family members left behind. A pointless act, and an act of betrayal, and all for what? The Politicians would then have no right to be seen laying wreaths at Cenotaphs across the country, or wearing poppies with pride, none of us would, we would have lost and given up that right because WE allowed the death of democracy to happen.

WE would ALL be responsible for having let them down and failed them...that, being the FINAL INSULT.

We the people of this country are not thick, uneducated, ignorant nor arrogant, and we are certainly not nobodies...we are driven purely by fairness, loyalty and above all passion, a passion for* democracy, and once that passion is betrayed and democracy is lost, it will never be returned. That is not what i want for my Grandchild, and the thought of it breaks my heart.
Democracy is priceless Mr Berwcow, and that is what YOU must enforce through the will of the people and their voice. It's your job.
Yours sincerely
Ruth Newton.'
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 08:10 AM

Re: A LETTER TO THE SPEAKER .....interesting read.

Tells it as it is Gilly. Sadly though, the truth is that even if the letter was read out aloud in front of them, it would still wash over the heads of those out of control, arrogant imbeciles, who are so up their own backsides with their temporary puffed up importance, they have lost sight of the reason they are in office, who put them there, and what is expected of them by the very people who put them there!

Sadly, these cocooned idiots have lost sight of all reality.
Instead of following the will of the people, they have instead betrayed us and plumbed the United Kingdom to the depths of humiliation and shame. R.I.P. British Democracy.

They will never be forgiven.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 08:36 AM

I'll go along with those sentiments

Today should have been our Independence Day, instead it will be remembered as The Day of The Great Betrayal

For me, and millions of others, any kind of respect or trust for MPs has vanished forever

Still, we mustn't forget that there are other serious issues facing this country, like knife crime
For example, 17,4 million people were stabbed in the back today
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 10:44 AM

I agree with everything she says, of course.

However, she is wasting her time.

The recipients will, even if any of them bother to read it, simply ignore it because they know that the sheeple will simply continue to vote for whoever they voted for before, and who they have always voted for.

Some, of course, will repeatedly swap between Tory and Loonies, which is rather pointless as they are both the same!

Some readers in Westminster may even have a little titter at the spelling mistakes, and what's with those occasional asterisks?

The only way there will ever be any changes is if a majority of voters support a new, independent, pro-Brexit party at the next general election. I certainly shall anyway.

Unfortunately, I cannot believe that very many people will do the same, for what I said four paragraphs ago. For that reason, we the ordinary people of this country must accept partial responsibility of the charade continuing.

I will, therefore, state now that in my opinion Brexit is not going to happen. There will be a period where our politicians will continue to disagree and argue about it, but however long this continues and how long delays should keep being agreed, we shall remain in the EU.

Of course, along with this comes the fact that we no longer live in a democracy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 10:53 AM

If he read it and I doubt he'd bother very few in the HOC would agree with that, they might nod and pretend to understand while planning to do exactly whatever they had intended all along. We don't matter to them at all. If we vote against them I don't even think it will make a difference now as they have ignored the biggest referendum we have ever had, why would they abide by any other vote ? they have got away with this and they know they can do it again if they want to.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If he read it and I doubt he'd bother very few in the HOC would agree with that, they might nod and pretend to understand while planning to do exactly whatever they had intended all along. We don't matter to them at all. If we vote against them I don't even think it will make a difference now as they have ignored the biggest referendum we have ever had, why would they abide by any other vote ? they have got away with this and they know they can do it again if they want to.
I agree but, assuming we shall still be allowed to vote in a general election every few years, I really don't think it will make any difference who we vote for, for the reasons I gave above.

What's more, again as I have said, I firmly believe that many if not most people will just continue to vote for who they have voted for before because so many people are too stupid to do otherwise, and our politicians know that!

If I am correct, and that is what happens in the next GE, we must accept that we, the ordinary voting members of the public, are responsible for the situation this country is in.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree but, assuming we shall still be allowed to vote in a general election every few years, I really don't think it will make any difference who we vote for, for the reasons I gave above.

What's more, again as I have said, I firmly believe that many if not most people will just continue to vote for who they have voted for before because so many people are too stupid to do otherwise, and our politicians know that!

If I am correct, and that is what happens in the next GE, we must accept that we, the ordinary voting members of the public, are responsible for the situation this country is in.
I agree with everything you say except that people are stupid, IMO we have little choice often, and also people get scared of change. The hysteria when mentioning we might have a labour government confirms that to me. It's not even that left of centre but people yell marxist !
People just JRMogg are called far right, again not that far from right of centre.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 11:58 AM

The on ly thing l could disagree with JBR is your description of
the voting public as stupid. I would use the term lazy rather,
but lazy in the way more fed up with trying for untold years
of being ignored once they vote.So they just give up in disgust
A mistake, maybe, but understandable.
I agree with you that we are partly responsible
You say are responsible. Not so.
The referendum that started this lunacy received the largest
voter turnout ever in uk politics. which belies what you say
However, the rest of what you say , l am ok with.
My aurgument is not with you JBR, but with our entire
political establishment as composed at present.

Regards Donkeyman.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-03-2019, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I agree with everything you say except that people are stupid, IMO we have little choice often, and also people get scared of change. The hysteria when mentioning we might have a labour government confirms that to me. It's not even that left of centre but people yell marxist !
People just JRMogg are called far right, again not that far from right of centre.
No, I suggested that "many if not most" people are stupid. My evidence for that is that the two major parties continue to take turns in forming a government!

What I am inferring is that until people begin to support new independent political parties en masse, we are doomed to continue to suffer incompetents and corruption in Parliament.

Another solution that I subscribe to is that terms of government should be reduced to as little as two years.

Yes, the argument against this is that a new government should be given time to implement their policies.

The argument in favour of my suggestion is that each new government would have two years in which they can show that they are implementing what they have promised to do.
The usual situation, we find, is that once elected they simply forget what they promised and do what the hell they like for five years.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

29-03-2019, 12:05 PM

No, I suggested that "many if not most" people are stupid. My evidence for that is that the two major parties continue to take turns in forming a government!

What I am inferring is that until people begin to support new independent political parties en masse, we are doomed to continue to suffer incompetents and corruption in Parliament.
But our system discourages independants, until or unless we make it easier we can't change that. Also the confrontational way our system works really doesn't help. Yelling at one an other across the room is just dreadful. Perhaps a round table would be easier for people to talk about things around ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top