Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 03:59 PM

What Next?

Well, now we know! I didn't for one moment, think TM would get her Withdrawal Agreement through at the third attempt.
So now we have the European Elections to look forward to. Will she call a General Election? Will we leave with what? on 12th April? a 2nd Referendum?

By the way, have you seen the crowds outside Parliament today?
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:02 PM

Re: What Next?

Rule 1

Never ask the public
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:08 PM

You're right Vaniy, a complete and utter waste of time.
But... if one thing comes out of this stinking mess. We have been able to see our Parliament, our MPs, in their true colours.

So many of them, whooping and hollering this afternoon,. Hope they enjoy themselves, they'll be out of a job soon enough.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
You're right Vaniy, a complete and utter waste of time.
But... if one thing comes out of this stinking mess. We have been able to see our Parliament, our MPs, in their true colours.

So many of them, whooping and hollering this afternoon. Hope they enjoy themselves, they'll be out of a job soon enough.
The colour associated with cowardice is yellow. ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Well, now we know! I didn't for one moment, think TM would get her Withdrawal Agreement through at the third attempt.
So now we have the European Elections to look forward to. Will she call a General Election? Will we leave with what? on 12th April? a 2nd Referendum?

By the way, have you seen the crowds outside Parliament today?
Yes and the BBC were in their element. What a drama.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:33 PM

Various 'experts' being interviewed on the TV news assure us that there were only two options:
- May's deal (which keeps us in the EU)
- No Brexit (which keeps us in the EU)

May's deal has been rejected for the umpteenth time (what a surprise), so it doesn't take much working out that we will remain in the EU.

Why did we bother with the referendum?

Why do we bother voting at all?

It seems that we can still vote for whoever we want, but whoever we choose to vote for want to keep us in the EU.

So what can we do now?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:37 PM

More MEP's like Nigel Farage is to be expected.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:46 PM

I have heard no more about Nigel Farage's new Brexit party, so things look rather dismal.

I'm sure that there will be a small number of people on this forum who will be celebrating.

I'm equally sure that the remoaners who have now got their way, along with our politicians who have ensured that they have got their way, will eventually be having second thoughts.

I believe that the only possible solution to leaving the EU would be for a vote in the next general election to support a pro-Brexit political party - if that should ever rise up. It looks like it probably won't now.

At my time of life, and I suspect most others on this forum, it matters little that this country will eventually become a region of the European superstate. Perhaps that was always going to be the ultimate result.

I'm beginning to lose interest. What will be will be.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
More MEP's like Nigel Farage is to be expected.
Oh yes !
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

29-03-2019, 04:47 PM

They're saying on the BBC that NO DEAL on 12th April is the likely outcome now. I would say they are talking rubbish. There is not a cat in hell's chance of our MPs allowing that to happen. I think the clowns will have their best of eight again on Monday, choose either revoking Article 50 and have a second referendum or leave but remain in the customs union, both of which Leave voters will be very angry over. I also don't believe Theresa May would ever accept remaining in a customs union and would call a general election.

We shall see. All I know is that there are some very angry people in the UK today.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top