Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:52 PM

Re: What Next?

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
They're saying on the BBC that NO DEAL on 12th April is the likely outcome now. I would say they are talking rubbish. There is not a cat in hell's chance of our MPs allowing that to happen. I think the clowns will have their best of eight again on Monday, choose either revoking Article 50 and have a second referendum or leave but remain in the customs union, both of which Leave voters will be very angry over. I also don't believe Theresa May would ever accept remaining in a customs union and would call a general election.

We shall see. All I know is that there are some very angry people in the UK today.
A lot of them are descending on Westminster
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:56 PM

They're saying on the BBC that NO DEAL on 12th April is the likely outcome now. I would say they are talking rubbish. There is not a cat in hell's chance of our MPs allowing that to happen. I think the clowns will have their best of eight again on Monday, choose either revoking Article 50 and have a second referendum or leave but remain in the customs union, both of which Leave voters will be very angry over. I also don't believe Theresa May would ever accept remaining in a customs union and would call a general election.

We shall see. All I know is that there are some very angry people in the UK today.
I'm sure you're right, SG. Our MPs will not allow us to leave the EU in any way; that has become perfectly clear now.

Yes, there certainly are some very angry people in this country now, but what can they do?

Unlike the Frogs, we Brits tend not to have revolutions, though I would welcome one!

All I can do, personally, is to vote wisely. I'm too old to riot!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:57 PM

Not sure where we are now with this.

A long extension would mean the UK would participate in EU elections and there will be an infiltration of eurosceptic MEPS entering Parliament in July - the EU will not like that one bit

No deal would mean revoking A50 and that would not fly

Change to Mays deal ? Unlikely because the EU won't allow it

Last minute trade deal - a Canada+++ last minute on April 10 and we leave with that without a withdrawal period. Call it a "customs union" if you like but that's what I think we would end up with.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 04:59 PM

I'm just watching Ian Blackford SNP being interviewed by the BBC. I wonder how the Scottish Fishermen are feeling about him today?

Just watching the demonstration by Leave supporters outside Parliament. Nigel Farage is apparently going to speak later. Should be interesting.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

29-03-2019, 05:00 PM

I'm just watching Ian Blackford SNP being interviewed by the BBC. I wonder how the Scottish Fishermen are feeling about him today?

Just watching the demonstration by Leave supporters outside Parliament. Nigel Farage is apparently going to speak later. Should be interesting.
Mogg is on LBC from 6pm until 7pm as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 05:04 PM

Well, now we know! I didn't for one moment, think TM would get her Withdrawal Agreement through at the third attempt.
So now we have the European Elections to look forward to. Will she call a General Election? Will we leave with what? on 12th April? a 2nd Referendum?

By the way, have you seen the crowds outside Parliament today?
SG unlike last Saturday no one has claimed there are 'a million' leave protesters but from the photographs, it looks like a huge number ...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

29-03-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
SG unlike last Saturday no one has claimed there are 'a million' leave protesters but from the photographs, it looks like a huge number ...
Wait until people finish work and join in
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
More MEP's like Nigel Farage is to be expected.
Always loved him because he seemed unique.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 05:19 PM

I have read much on the subject of leaving the EU (after over 40 years of treaties leading to an ever closer union for the member states) and am sad to say the biggest mistake the UK made was to go cap in hand to the EU almost apologising for wishing to leave a club which we originally joined in order to trade but in which found ourselves increasingly dominated by a growing political state seeking to have power over our every decision.

Although 'May's Deal' looked like a sell out I was prepared to accept it rather than lose the possibility of leaving the EU but the more I have heard about it the less I liked the content.

The UK desperately needs a decision, it has been in a state of not knowing for too long now and that is disastrous for our economy .
We are told leaving without a deal would have dreadful consequences for the UK but could it be any worse than a long delay or a bad deal that removes many of our right .

If I had to vote for any choice now it would be to leave on April the 12th , I am sure there would be difficulties initially
but nothing we couldn't overcome in time.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2019, 05:22 PM

There’s an Orange Order Flute Band marching around Parliament Square right now! For pity’s sake revoke A50 before it’s too late!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top