Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 03:42 PM

Re: Theresa May Could Save Remainer Grieve From Deselection as MP.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They are doing neither
Nice to able to agree on something.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
On this forum many have been arguing with you, with referrals to information. You still favour brexit. Apparently you just will not hear it. In such cases it is the duty of elected representatives to use their knowledge, additional information and intelligence to make an informed decision.
I read it all and it is all about money and business that wasn't what we were voting about. It's about much more than money that's where they went wrong concentrating on money money money. Sick to death of all people want to talk about is money.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2019, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I read it all and it is all about money and business that wasn't what we were voting about. It's about much more than money that's where they went wrong concentrating on money money money. Sick to death of all people want to talk about is money.
Good for you. I lost that youthful ignorance when I was 20.
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 07:43 AM

Grieve has given me a new respect for some Tory MPs.

It's clear that they're not all the mindless right-wing dickheads I had thought that they were.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 10:07 AM

In my view this is the sort of chaos that results from hardliners , from the right and the left, take over their constituency parties. What is the incentive for MPs to compromise if they fear they are going to be deselected if they compromise even if they would prefer to. I well remember when I was a member of the local Labour Party and Militant arrived (yes Im that old!). Here’s a conversation I remember well when I was confronted by a Glasgow “representative” paying a visit.
“Are you for us or against us”?
“I’m a member of the Labour Party, that’s why I’m here.”
“Aye, but are you for us or against us!”

13 million voters didn’t even bother to vote in 2016, can you blame them when they witness Westminster in action. The far right dominate the current Tory party, the far left dominate the current Labour Party, they are stuck in an ideological war and the art of compromise goes out the window.
I have opposed the Tories all my life but I admired Nick Boles for what he said and did last night.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 05:58 PM

[QUOTE=weedeek;.
13 million voters didn’t even bother to vote in 2016, can you blame them when they witness Westminster in action.

With the greatest of respect weedeek, None of this was going on when the Referendum took place, so it seems rather pointless to put the blame on what is going on at the moment for them not having voted. More likely, you should be saying its because 13 million voters either never bothered to vote in their adult lives, were completely disinterested at the time or were too lazy to get their butts out there to vote!
Even now, most youngsters are only in favour of Remain because its the fashion. If their favorite pop singer or actor is a Remainer, then it must be the right decision.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

02-04-2019, 06:40 PM

[QUOTE=shropshiregirl;1675571][QUOTE=weedeek;.
13 million voters didn’t even bother to vote in 2016, can you blame them when they witness Westminster in action.

With the greatest of respect weedeek, None of this was going on when the Referendum took place, so it seems rather pointless to put the blame on what is going on at the moment for them not having voted. More likely, you should be saying its because 13 million voters either never bothered to vote in their adult lives, were completely disinterested at the time or were too lazy to get their butts out there to vote!
Even now, most youngsters are only in favour of Remain because its the fashion. If their favorite pop singer or actor is a Remainer, then it must be the right decision. [/QUOTE]

But then again. If may had asked parliament two years ago: what do you want, todays mayhem had started then. And would still be going on today.
It's only the looming threat of no deal that gets them frantic.
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

There you go again, just like the MP's saying what you didn't vote for, but NOT saying what you did vote for !!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top