Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 11:17 AM

Re: Are the cracks showing?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
DM that little rhyme has been going the rounds for a few years...

https://www.writeoutloud.net/public/...gentryid=57662
Oh, Meg, youve spoilt my day now.
I realy believed UJ conceived it all by himself.
The crafty old bugger
Ive lost all faith in humanity.

My only excuse is l am new to this media tech game.
I will try to be more alert in future.

Best Regards, Donkeyman.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 11:32 AM

Barnier looked worried today in the press conference. I thought he was going to do a Nick Boles and start crying before blaming everyone else and then walking out the door.

My heart bleeds .... not.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 12:21 PM

IMO for what it,s worth A No Deal Brexit would be preferable to a government led by J Corbyn.
A Labour government maybe but not led by this man.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Barnier looked worried today in the press conference. I thought he was going to do a Nick Boles and start crying before blaming everyone else and then walking out the door.

My heart bleeds .... not.
At least he has some patience with you lot. The other members in the commission are thoroughly fed up by the british mannerism and will be only too glad to get rid of it. Pity, de gaulle has ruled over his grave, and still says "non" to the british membership.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
IMO for what it,s worth A No Deal Brexit would be preferable to a government led by J Corbyn.
A Labour government maybe but not led by this man.
Due to such considerations, you still haven't reached a solution. Whatever you may think of the pm, she calculated these little games into her plans. Do not let parliament get in control, and decide for yourselve. She seems to be correct in her handling of brexit.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

02-04-2019, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Now that it is looking a possibility by default again we might see more of a reaction from the EU who see the 39 billion disappearing into the distance .
But Mr Barnier*poured cold water on Brexiteer assumptions about a no-deal and said the EU would require the UK to ratify Theresa May’s withdrawal agreement before it would begin trade negotiations with a Britain that had crashed out.
He said he was sure that in the event of a no-deal “a few months after I’m sure UK will ask EU to begin negotiations” on trade but that “in that case the withdrawal agreement we put on the table at the beginning of this negotiation will be still here”. The negotiator said the UK would still have to settle the issues of citizens rights, Ireland, and the divorce bill included in the controversial treaty.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:52 PM

Hi

The reality of No Deal.

We will not pay the EU a penny.

The EU then takes us to International Court.

The Courts will decide how much we owe them, if anything.

We will most certainly save the £18 Billion for the Transition Period, a huge amount of money.

How much we lose is not down to us, we have no control over it at all.

That decision will be taken by the International Money Markets.

They will determine the value of the £ and what Interest rates we pay on our debts.

They have no interest in us at all, other than how much money they can make.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

02-04-2019, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The reality of No Deal.

We will most certainly save the £18 Billion for the Transition Period, a huge amount of money.

They will determine the value of the £ and what Interest rates we pay on our debts.

As you said before, courts take long to decide. What barnier stated about not starting trade negotiations with the UK before the bill is settled, may prove a quick way to resolve the matter.

What worries me more is that he also stated that resolving the irish matter is required before negotiations can start. Imo that issue cannot be resolved, before or after you leave.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The reality of No Deal.

So its definitely no deal for me swimmy
But the POS HOC have got control at the moment
So who knows.
At least JC has come clean at last
Definately NOT no deal. ergo no brexit

Best Regards Donkeyman.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 02:18 PM

We can't negotiate trade deals until we are a 3rd country .....

No deal Brexit is the default position unless we approve Mays bill. If not, then we extend A50 and end up where we are now. If we approve the withdrawal bill we also end up where we are now but in 2 years.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top