Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 12:05 PM

Re: Friend requests

Half the trouble with these 'friend requests' from people you barely know even, is many recipients feel a little embarrassed at saying - 'No thanks - no offence meant.' So they just accept, even when it means not a darn thing.

I too, have seen requests sent to new members who have hardly been here a week or two, yet get these meaningless invites.

I am convinced that not all people who accept really want to, but they don't like to appear rude so just go along with it.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 12:06 PM

Quite some while back now I added a few "friends" to my profile. Not friends as such, but people I had engaged in conversation and who I thought might have similar interests. Apart from one person, I have not got any further other than with just accepting or requesting the friendship because (a) I don't feel I want to get too involved and (b) I too couldn't really see what the friendship function hoped to achieve. A lot of the people who are listed as "friends" I have not had any contact with for ages and many of them no longer use the forum. There was one person living in America whose "cyber friendship" I valued on this forum, but sadly she became ill and died. I missed her presence for a while as she was such an asset to the forum - a good sense of humour, patience - and always with something interesting to say. We did message each other regularly, but I have never felt inclined to become quite as friendly with another person (as yet).
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:18 PM

Recently I found myself booted out of certain peoples friends lists, no idea why. It puzzled me at the time and it also made me go and look carefully at my own list. Most of the people I had in it were no longer on the forum, so I had a big clear out. I only have six in my list now. All members I get on fine with and a couple I chat with regularly about all sorts of things.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:47 PM

I must be really daft,,, what harm is it to add someone on your friend list...
That person just might be lonely and need someone to talk too ...
I say yes to anyone that wants to be my friend …
If they get rude .. I delete them , no big deal ..
Easy come easy go …
This way there is no harm ..
Maybe a bit of compassion can go a long way ...
After all there is no such thing as stranger only friends you haven't met ...
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
I must be really daft,,, what harm is it to add someone on your friend list...
That person just might be lonely and need someone to talk too ...
I say yes to anyone that wants to be my friend …
If they get rude .. I delete them , no big deal ..
Easy come easy go …
This way there is no harm ..
Maybe a bit of compassion can go a long way ...
After all there is no such thing as stranger only friends you haven't met ...
I agree with you for a change, Sugar. There really is no harm.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:52 PM

I guess some of my list of friends have left.
I often go to my list if I want to PM them, only to ask if they are OK.
I think it is quite nice to have a friends list.
Also I sometimes send one if I like a newbie, from their posts. They have no PMs to start, it just let's them know I like their style.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I agree with you for a change, Sugar. There really is no harm.
Well there is always an exception … Like you Mr Ploppy ,
I asked what harm .. there are days I asked myself why did I accept Mr Ploppy as a friend lol ..
The answer: because I am blinking stupid that why lol ...
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 01:58 PM

I agree again,Sugar.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't accept friend requests until I know members a bit more, I am bemused when a brand new member asks to be friends
If you have to ask to be a friend there's summit wrong

Always amused me (when I was experimenting with FB) that some people claimed 200 or 300 or even 500 odd 'friends' absolute rubbish, I bet they couldn't remember anywhere near that number. Zuckerberg and his phoney mates have used the internet to make them money and the morons are flocking like sheep to his site. Good luck to them.

Be very careful of anyone Julie who asks to be your friend even if you have exchanged a few messages with them.
sugarbug
canada

02-04-2019, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I agree again,Sugar.
Hey You are now off my friends list …

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top