Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Re: If you found a piece of glass in your soup...

What I also find concerning,are hygiene practices,doesn't bare thinking about.you can be taught food and hygiene ,but not everyone puts it into practice,..the stories I could tell,from my job as a cook.a number of years ago.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Had an email straight away, yesterday, following my call!

Hi ******

Our ref: *******

Thanks for taking the time to give us a call today.

I have now spoken to another member of the management team in the café in the ******* store, who confirmed she had spoken to the Manager that dealt with your complaint. They have reassured me everything will be sent to us today, including an online form.

Once everything arrives here, we will look into this further and get back in touch once we've completed our investigation.

If we can be of any more help in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards

Charlotte Wright
Retail Customer Services
Your M&S Customer Service

Brill.
Pleased for you Ruthio.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 11:06 PM

Well the latest is that they've sent me £25 worth of vouchers, but read this... I'm not impressed. I mean how difficult was it to put the piece of plastic in an envelope, or selotape it to the form???
I'm so annoyed with myself for not thinking to photograph the darn thing at the time!

Dear ++++++

Your reference: *********

I am very sorry to learn that you found a piece of plastic in our chicken and mushroom soup. I imagine this must have been a shock; thanks for bringing it to our attention.

As I am sure you would expect, we take all complaints of this nature extremely seriously.
Normally, we would send the sample to our supplier who would inspect it and report back to us detailing how the item could have got there, as well as measures we could take to prevent it happening again.

Following your call to my colleague, whilst preparing the details to be sent to us, I'm afraid that the store has misplaced the object you found.

I know this will be disappointing, and I'd like to assure you that it is for us too, as we wanted to examine it and give you some definitive answers.

We have contacted ###### store to remind them of the procedures for sending us food complaints. I am sorry that, between you reporting your find to the store and us receiving details of your complaint here, the sample you provided us with has gone missing.

I'd like to assure you that no breakages have occurred within the café environment that could have caused this incident.
Even without the object you found, I have passed on your complaint directly to our suppliers. They will do their best to look into what has gone wrong and take any action possible to reduce the chance of this happening again.

To apologise for your experience and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to investigate I’ve arranged for a £25 e-gift card to be sent to you. This comes with my sincere best wishes and will arrive as part of a separate email in the next few days.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention and please accept my warmest wishes.

Kind regards

Laura Sparks
Retail Customer Services
Your M&S Customer Service
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 11:44 PM

Hmm . . . remember what I said back in Post 7, Ruthio?

[Quote]: One problem is, the manager has taken away the only 'evidence' there was. She could have chucked it in the bin for all you know. [Unquote].

That Manager handled it badly from the start in my opinion.
She wants some better staff training!

Looking on the bright side though -

a) You didn't swallow it

B) You were given an apology and token gesture.

Glad you are ok anyway.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 09:21 AM

I don't rate M&S anymore at all.

Their food isn't as good as it used to be & I have had several items that have fallen apart after a short time including a swimsuit & a table lamp.

Once a store you could rely on for quality - but no longer.

I'm sorry to reads of your experience Ruthio. The £25 voucher was good but I think you should have got more. For goodness sake it could have choked you & killed you!!!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 10:32 AM

Back in the 1970's I was a Quality Control supervisor for a Unilever BirdsEye food factory in Hastings, New Zealand where food products were frozen, canned and dehydrated. We were always very generous with any complaints we received because it was hoped that the person complaining would not take it further with other members of the public.
On one occasion I happened to see, on one of the filling tables for cans of baked beans, one of the four ladies feeding the rapidly rotating table, inserted a large carrot into a tin, accompanied by much laughter. The machine rapidly sealed the lid and carried the cans off to a big steel basket which would be lowered into a retort for cooking. there were about a thousand tins in that retort, so I quickly put a "Please Hold" sticker on the whole lot. I then reported it to my manager, without mentioning the lady who did it, as she was a lovely soul.
The marketing side of Unilever took the bright side , as it was no health hazard, and got publicity by turning it into promotion with prizes for the person who got the carrot!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 10:39 AM

Love that story!

Now. Here's my dilemma...should I go back to the cafe tomorrow, when I normally go there, ask to see the manager and hope it's the same woman.
If it is, ask her what she's done about my complaint and did she send off the piece of plastic, not mentioning my calls and correspondence of course.
Will she be honest with me?
Then if she tells me she sent it off and now it's out of her hands - a possibility - then what?
Lordruthio says just let it go now...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Love that story!

Now. Here's my dilemma...should I go back to the cafe tomorrow, when I normally go there, ask to see the manager and hope it's the same woman.
If it is, ask her what she's done about my complaint and did she send off the piece of plastic, not mentioning my calls and correspondence of course.
Will she be honest with me?
Then if she tells me she sent it off and now it's out of her hands - a possibility - then what?
Lordruthio says just let it go now...
ruthio, You were let down by the manager.
You had a valid complaint and she should have dealt with it. Surely, there are strict procedures in place that they have to follow at times like this?
You believed, she would deal with it but she didn’t.
I would make an innocent, passing remark like,
‘Oh, Hello, l just wondered, what was the outcome of the piece of plastic l found in my soup?’ Smile, then ‘Have you heard back yet?’
Then, as you get your soup of the day, shout out in front of all the customers. ‘What am l going to find in my soup today, then?’ ‘The plastic lid?’.
Then crack up laughing like a hyena!

Maybe not.....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

08-04-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel
I would make an innocent, passing remark like,
‘Oh, Hello, l just wondered, what was the outcome of the piece of plastic l found in my soup?’ Smile, then ‘Have you heard back yet?’
That's exactly what I was thinking I'd do...

The rest of your suggestion I think I'll give a miss
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Oh, Hello, l just wondered, what was the outcome of the piece of plastic l found in my soup?’ Smile, then ‘Have you heard back yet?’

I like it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top