Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2019, 11:49 PM

Re: Mods and Rockers

A bit before my time, but I hope you enjoy your evening Floydy.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
A bit before my time, but I hope you enjoy your evening Floydy.
Thanks Sweetie.
I'm writing this (or trying to!) at 2.15am.
It's been a very good night out. There were three bands on. It began with a band playing their own compositions who sounded a lot like The Jam but were in their fifties, so that looked a little weird tbh!
Next came a four-piece group who actually had a 7ft double bass - and they are so good to watch - those slapping string movements, who really looked the part in their original teddy boy gear.
The final band were a cross between The Who and The Kinks but did some really older stuff including Buddy Holly and Elvis.
A great night out with plenty of proper beer (Samuel Smith's) and a good meet up with some people I haven't seen for ages. All for £2!!

Hope you had a good evening...I'm typing this just about ready to drop! Good night xx
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 07:15 AM

I was a Mod and used to be a Passenger on my mates Motor bike, we were all dressed in leather, a bit like Suzie Quatro. I have a leather wrist band that I used to wear and still have it.
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:31 AM

I was a 'Ted'. Had my hair done in the D.A.
Peri.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 11:40 AM

I had winklepickers, chisels and later cuban heels, drainpipe trousers, BSA A10 and a BSA B33 and all the paraphernalia. It was a nice time, harmless fun most of the time.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 12:03 PM

I was a mod.

Passive , not violent & mainly in it for the music, being scene around, fashion and hair style
Oh and a scooter, Vespa unfortunately, all the real mods had
--a ………. LAMBRETTA…………………….

Having a bright green mohair 3 piece suit, elevated somewhat, but I didn’t wear on trip to the KURSALL.
Tell you why later.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 12:55 PM

I had a Scooter back in those days, a Triang if I remember right
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 01:02 PM

I never had wheels..
But I was definitely a bit "indie" goth

I was a bit of a music snob in that, if a band or singer made it from the Independent charts to mainstream pop charts I refused to "like" them anymore
What a tragic dipstick I must have appeared
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 01:04 PM

But I secretly liked most mod and rock bands
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Sweetie.
I'm writing this (or trying to!) at 2.15am.
It's been a very good night out. There were three bands on. It began with a band playing their own compositions who sounded a lot like The Jam but were in their fifties, so that looked a little weird tbh!
Next came a four-piece group who actually had a 7ft double bass - and they are so good to watch - those slapping string movements, who really looked the part in their original teddy boy gear.
The final band were a cross between The Who and The Kinks but did some really older stuff including Buddy Holly and Elvis.
A great night out with plenty of proper beer (Samuel Smith's) and a good meet up with some people I haven't seen for ages. All for £2!!

Hope you had a good evening...I'm typing this just about ready to drop! Good night xx
Wow, you did have a bargain evening. I love Buddy Holly, and of course Elvis. In fact, I like almost all music.
My lot are going to see Peter Noone on Sunday. The young girl that was booking the tickets called him Peter No-one

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top