Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 03:24 PM

Re: Mods and Rockers

Mod or Rocker? I'm a little bit young, was 18 in 1970, didn't really have the freedom or money for dressing up. I had more Mod-inclined mates than rocker types, and music, both, a bit of Motown too.

In the early 70s I was walking around looking like George Harrison on the Abbey Road sleeve, into Neil Young and Led Zeppelin mostly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I was a mod.

Passive , not violent & mainly in it for the music, being scene around, fashion and hair style
Oh and a scooter, Vespa unfortunately, all the real mods had
--a ………. LAMBRETTA…………………….

Having a bright green mohair 3 piece suit, elevated somewhat, but I didn’t wear on trip to the KURSALL.
Tell you why later.
Ah... The Kursaal...... Great for a fight.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
SPOT ON Longdogs.

I was minding my own business at the Kursaal, back in the day when 5 greasers sped past my group, followed by about 500 mods.
Cornered, the greasers stood their ground, took off their helmets and KO'd the first wave of mods with a swing of their hardhats.
The rest of the 500 retreated to a man.

You obviously knew the Kursaal ( thanks for correcting my spelling
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I was a Mod and used to be a Passenger on my mates Motor bike, we were all dressed in leather, a bit like Suzie Quatro. I have a leather wrist band that I used to wear and still have it.
With all respect think you ware a rocker or as we wear call at the time by the mods a greeser
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
With all respect think you ware a rocker or as we wear call at the time by the mods a greeser
I share your recollection of the vernacular.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2019, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Was the kursaal a funfair, my memories of 50 years ago are fadíng rapidly..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:04 PM

Weren't there but I bet the Mods and the Rockers were all geezers, at the end of the day.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2019, 09:15 PM

Although I liked motorcycles I was too busy playing snooker, flying pigeons and wearing flat caps........
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2019, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Weren't there but I bet the Mods and the Rockers were all geezers, at the end of the day.
Geezers or greesers?

BTW, your post on tax returns read like an accountant's, am I right?
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

06-04-2019, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Although I liked motorcycles I was too busy playing snooker, flying pigeons and wearing flat caps........
For me read playing Shanghai, prize winning red- factor canaries and ex US military parkas.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top