Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 12:55 PM

Re: Does your bucket have a hole in it.

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have only two things left to do, and one I doubt if I'll do it. One of my sisters lives in Australia and wants me to go out for a visit, she's desperate to show me her chosen homeland, BUT I'm on a lot of Meds for various things and have a couple of physical problems as well, I doubt I'd get Insurance because of it, also I'd have to take an awful lot of meds with me, doubt the authorities would be very happy about that Also the thought of being on a plane all that time fills me with dread.

The 2nd I do intend to do and will only take a three away days but it's finding the time as Himself wants to come too. We want to go to St Kilda. We'd have to drive down overnight to Sky to get one of the boats, it's around 6 hours on board then 5 or so hours on the island, then the long trip back. An overnight stay on Sky before driving back up North. It's a place we've both longed to visit but now it's a World Heritage Site, and we can only go when they say.
It seems funny to think that you would have to drive down to get to Skye. Sounds like a great thing to do though. Skye is just beautiful whatever the weather.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 12:56 PM

There are not many things left that I would want to do but I would like to see the Northern lights from Svalbard.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
There are not many things left that I would want to do but I would like to see the Northern lights from Svalbard.

I love "The Northern Lights" LD, there's a beach near here called Sandside that you can get a fantastic view of them. The whole sky moves and swirls around you sometimes.. It's a wonderful thing to experience.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:34 PM

I have a few things on my list:
My main one was going to see my favourite band Pink Floyd but I never got the chance. They don't exist anymore, although I did see Roger Waters (main songwriter/bassist) last year in concert and I intend to see David Gilmour (lead singer/guitarist) during his next solo tour, planned for 2020.

As far as seeing other live bands, I'm pretty much happy with the ones I've seen so far and the others are either split up or dead.

Another bucket list item soon to be realised, again next year, will be to go to California. I'm booking a trip in October.
A further bucket list item is to go into a shark cage and see great whites feeding (not on humans, but on chub thrown from a boat...a bigger boat!). I'm going to inquire about this 'extra' item that the tour company may be able to add to my tour. If I don't get to go into the water in the cage, I'll be nearly as pleased watching them from the boat.

I want to drive my all-time favourite car, a Lamborghini Countach around a race track. That could well be possible, if I can actually fit inside one. Those bucket seats are very snug!

On a car theme, I also want to visit the Monaco Grand Prix someday. That isn't too difficult to accomplish, though it would be expensive.

Obviously my main bucket list item is to get off these bloody night shifts and get back to a normal way of life, i.e. sleeping at the correct time of day and actually being able to relax in the garden in the evening. With all my debts due to be cleared later this year, I'm working on it.

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The thing with travel bucket lists is that the older you get the more hassle it is to plan for it and get there. I'd love to visit Australia, New Zealand, Cambodia and Vietnam, but sitting on a long haul plane journey is not my idea of fun.

When you are working and have lots of responsibilities looking after others it's not so easy to find time and energy. We have so much on our doorstep.
I'm the same with this, Annie. It's the long haul flights that put me off. I start to get anxious and climb the walls after four hours as it is! Plenty of other places, as you say
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:57 PM

No matter what age one is, I feel we all need ambitions. Not necessarily a "Must do" bucket list but maybe a few things we would like to do while we are able. I can't imagine an "If only" scenario in a few years time..or less.. which means I intend to do whatever it is while I still can. Bearing in mind that old saying, "Never let the devil hear your thoughts"
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 02:16 PM

[QUOTE=Longdogs;1679134]There are not many things left that I would want to do but I would like to see the Northern lights from Svalbard.[/QUOTE

From just outside 28/02/19. I saw them twice the same night

mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 02:34 PM

My bucket has so many holes that it hardly has a bottom! Lots of places and views I'd liked to have seen had circumstances allowed it. We just have to watch them via a TV screen, which is OK but not quite the same as going there.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 05:26 PM

You can travel anywhere by Google street view, if you aren't able to physically go.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-04-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I love "The Northern Lights" LD, there's a beach near here called Sandside that you can get a fantastic view of them. The whole sky moves and swirls around you sometimes.. It's a wonderful thing to experience.
Beautiful. I am so envious Rox.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top