Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:15 PM

Re: Your Fear?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When we are very young, it seems we have two main fears.
The fear of loud noises
The fear of falling.

When we are adults, it seems our three main fears are.....

The fear of failing
The fear of success
The fear of being judged

Would you agree with those ‘fears’ or do you have your own fears?

(Serious, or as funny as you like!)
No, I don't agree with any of those fears. I fear a long painful death, mainly. I fear many other things too, but none I can mention here.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:17 PM

When we are very young, it seems we have two main fears.
The fear of loud noises
The fear of falling.

When we are adults, it seems our three main fears are.....

The fear of failing
The fear of success
The fear of being judged

Would you agree with those ‘fears’ or do you have your own fears?

(Serious, or as funny as you like!)

I have a few fears these days, but least amongst them are the three fears above. My fears centre around others and their enduring well-being - Those who are important to me and those whom I love dearly. I have very little in the way of irrational fear, but I know how precarious living can be - and how fragile life can be.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:18 PM

Mups, Why do you fear death, when there’s not a lot you can really do about it? I don’t ever want to die but it’s out of my hands.

Yes, not being able to look after yourself is a fear but l think losing your mind is worse.
You know..... the lights are on but there’s no one at home!

Maybe I fear death because, there is nothing I can do about it. No way of preventing it, it is taken out of our hands, as you say. I think I fear how it will happen too.

As for losing one's mind, I think that would still come under 'not being abe to look after oneself,' as it doesn't always have to be a physical reason to become incapable.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
No, I don't agree with any of those fears. I fear a long painful death, mainly. I fear many other things too, but none I can mention here.
eccles, Not even the very young child fears?
How do you know, when you learned how to walk, that you weren’t frighted of falling?
How do you remember, that you didn’t jump at a loud noise when you were in your cot?

As to fearing a long painful death. How do you know that’s going to happen?
Surely, the time to fear it, is when it happens?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:24 PM

With regard to fear of success, you need to ask a successful person but l am sure for some, it is not easy to cope with? The stress of keeping up the success and the fear of losing it. Maybe?

Now I'm confused,...I believe we all have our own definition of success,...what is a successful person to you Art?

I think it may be completely different to mine,
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Now I'm confused,...I believe we all have our own definition of success,...what is a successful person to you Art?

I think it may be completely different to mine,
Pauline, Everyone, has a different definition of success. It can be just existing. It can be winning. It can be successful in business. It can be success in achieving qualifications. It can success in entertainment. Success in business. The list is endless.
For me success, is working hard, above all odds to achieve your goal in any field but just don’t gloat and brag about it!

For some women, successful men are an aphrodisiac!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:35 PM

I fear of the House being on Fire (Thatch roof etc).
I fear over going to the Dentist.
I fear of Big Spiders coming to get me.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:37 PM

Pauline, Everyone, has a different definition of success. It can be just existing. It can be winning. It can be successful in business. It can be success in achieving qualifications. It can success in entertainment. Success in business. The list is endless.
For me success, is working hard, above all odds to achieve your goal in any field but just don’t gloat and brag about it!

For some women, successful men are an aphrodisiac!

Yes I agree,Art,

As for some woman,do you mean if the men are successful in business,in other words ,loaded?...the woman don't care what they look like ?

I wonder if Donald Trumps wife thinks like that,or maybe she truly loves him?

I just can't get out of my head,what type of underpants he wears?:
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

07-04-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes I agree,Art,

As for some woman,do you mean if the men are successful in business,in other words ,loaded?...the woman don't care what they look like ?

I wonder if Donald Trumps wife thinks like that,or maybe she truly loves him?

I just can't get out of my head,what type of underpants he wears?:
Pauline, Yes, you are right. Unfortunately, for some women, success and money doesn’t only talk, it seduces them! Ha!

Donald Trumps underpants? I haven’t seen or heard about those. Not Stars and Stripes?!!
l would have thought, he wouldn’t wear any!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2019, 01:44 PM

Listening to others on here about their fears of death.
I don't fear it myself, but I worry about family and friends all the time. I just can't get those thoughts out of my mind and I wonder if I'm obsessed by it in some way. It's horrible to be honest.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top