Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 04:04 PM

Re: Motivation

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not a lot gets me motivated these days tbh.

That's a shame LD,..maybe when the warmer weather arrives,it will be different,..or maybe you need a project ?..just trying to get you motivated.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 04:28 PM

Yes, I try to make sure we always have two or three vegetables with dinner each day but the most boring daily task is preparing those veg! I find peeling veg really tedious.
God, this should be in the "Really Boring! forum. Yawn!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 04:39 PM

Things that need to be done motivate me in the mornings. Tea and coffee to make, bed to make. Bit of washing up from the evening before. All sorts of household jobs. That's only before I go out.

Lots to keep me busy outside the house. Places to go, the allotment to dig, bike riding. Stuff too numerous to mention.

I do get some hours in a day not being motivated though ..thankfully.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 06:15 PM

I get less and less motivated each day...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 06:25 PM

I usually wake up refreshed and raring to go. I confine house cleaning to one day per week - Mondays - so those are a bit boring but the end result is good. That leaves the rest of the week for me to play with and I never have any problem filling my time.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 06:41 PM

I start things off highly motivated, but a lot of the time I don't stay the course. Something else comes along to distract and take my time. Maybe it's something to do with looking after my grandchildren so much at all times of the day and being at the beck and call of my family (they live far too near to me). Always being ready to drop what I am doing and give attention to them, facilitating what they want to do. I have improved a bit lately, but I tend to actually prefer to "bimble" about doing a bit of this, a bit of that as the fancy takes me. Being retired now, there is no urgency to complete a task to a timetable anymore, so tomorrow will do. Same with cleaning - if it doesn't get done on the day I usually do it I have realised it makes not much difference letting it go for a couple of days.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I start things off highly motivated, but a lot of the time I don't stay the course. Something else comes along to distract and take my time. Maybe it's something to do with looking after my grandchildren so much at all times of the day and being at the beck and call of my family (they live far too near to me). Always being ready to drop what I am doing and give attention to them, facilitating what they want to do. I have improved a bit lately, but I tend to actually prefer to "bimble" about doing a bit of this, a bit of that as the fancy takes me. Being retired now, there is no urgency to complete a task to a timetable anymore, so tomorrow will do. Same with cleaning - if it doesn't get done on the day I usually do it I have realised it makes not much difference letting it go for a couple of days.

'Bimble' = what a lovely word - please, may I borrow it occasionally?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
'Bimble' = what a lovely word - please, may I borrow it occasionally?
Feel free - happy bimbling Silver Tabby.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 07:31 PM

I'm very motivated to get out of bed in the morning to pee.
That's about it really.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Yes, I try to make sure we always have two or three vegetables with dinner each day but the most boring daily task is preparing those veg! I find peeling veg really tedious.
God, this should be in the "Really Boring! forum. Yawn!
Oh SG can you delegate that task?

Originally Posted by mart ->
Things that need to be done motivate me in the mornings. Tea and coffee to make, bed to make. Bit of washing up from the evening before. All sorts of household jobs. That's only before I go out.

Lots to keep me busy outside the house. Places to go, the allotment to dig, bike riding. Stuff too numerous to mention.

I do get some hours in a day not being motivated though ..thankfully.
You are an inspiration to us all. Mrs M is a very lucky lady.

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I get less and less motivated each day...
I will think of something Primus.

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I usually wake up refreshed and raring to go. I confine house cleaning to one day per week - Mondays - so those are a bit boring but the end result is good. That leaves the rest of the week for me to play with and I never have any problem filling my time.
I have loads to do Tabby, it is the motivation for certain tasks that I lack.

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
If I had grandchildren, they would be an easy distraction, I so love children.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top